Beethoven's Tenth (Rapid Reads)

by Brian Harvey | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 145980869X Global Overview for this book
Registered by winggypsysmomwing of Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on 1/15/2015
Journal Entry 1 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, January 15, 2015
Received this book through the LibraryThing Early Reader program. The author is a scientist and writer who lives in Nanaimo BC.

Journal Entry 2 by winggypsysmomwing at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, June 17, 2015
I really like these short mysteries published by Raven Books. I have read a number of them now and they are just the thing for light reading but with something to think about.

Frank Ryan is a piano tuner by day and a jazz musician by night living in Nanaimo, BC. He's seen all kinds of things stuffed in pianos but the dead dog in piano teacher Miss Pieczynski grand piano is one of the worst. Miss P. (as everyone calls her) seems distracted, even more so than usual. When she decides to pay him with an old piece of music Frank isn't too impressed as he would rather have money. When he gets it home and discovers that it is an original score from 1825 which appears to be handwritten by Beethoven he gets excited. Trouble is other people are looking for this piece of music. Miss P. is discovered dead in her apartment and it was not natural causes. Frank not only has to decide what to do with this rare find but also stay alive with at least two thugs after him.

Brian Harvey is a marine biologist by training but he is a great writer too if this book is anything to judge by. I loved some of his imagery. Here is how he describes playing a duet with the saxophone playing bar owner Kaz "We rode that tune like hawks on hot air, wingtip to wingtip." I hope to see more of Brian Harvey and Frank Ryan.

This book is going to be released in the 2015 Canada Days release challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by winggypsysmomwing at Little Free Library #14884 in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, June 27, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (6/27/2015 UTC) at Little Free Library #14884 in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Since the skies were cloudy and rain was threatening I decided it would be a good idea to release books into Little Free Libraries. This charming LFL is at 72 Cunnington Avenue. This release is for the 2015 Canada Days release challenge and for the "I'm Allergic to A in titles" release challenge.