The Midwife's Apprentice

by Karen Cushman | Teens |
ISBN: 006440630x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingJudySlump612wing of Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on 1/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingJudySlump612wing from Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, January 14, 2015
A quick read, but very informative about a time in which midwives (or any other medical professional) had little to offer their patients beyond herbal teas and lotions. The author's note is good, too. I really liked Alyce, and of course, I always like the cat.

But that's just one person's opinion. Future readers, what do YOU think of this book?

Journal Entry 2 by wingJudySlump612wing at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/14/2015 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Placed in quietorchid's Medicine Chest bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Thursday, January 15, 2015
I am delighted JudySlump612 offered this to the Medicine Chest Bookbox! Wonderful book. Here's my review from earlier:

Newberry Award Winner. Short little coming of age story of Brat, or Dung, or Beetle, or Alyce, as she finally names herself. Set in the 14th century, Alyce finds a job as a midwife's apprentice.

Fly far little book!

Journal Entry 4 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Saturday, February 14, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (2/14/2015 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Journal Entry 5 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Friday, February 20, 2015
Nice little story. I finished it and am putting it back in the box.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Glad to see this in the box. I read this many years back and totally loved it. A totally charming tale that well captured the period.
Did a quick refresher before putting this back into the box to travel on. Still loving it.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, May 18, 2015
Taken from quietorchid's Medicine Chest V box with thanks.

This may go to an after-school program looking for books; I remember enjoying this one when I read it before so I may re-read it before sending it away.

Other copies on my BC shelf:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/9867330 (audio)

Journal Entry 8 by winghyphen8wing at Kaimuki Middle School in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, August 22, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/22/2015 UTC) at Kaimuki Middle School in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Perched in a tree for zbird's A to Z challenge.

(Larger photo here.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books...or a little like geocaching - you can follow the book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!