Mystery in White: A Christmas Crime Story (British Library Crime Classics)

by J. Jefferson Farjeon | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 071235770X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Anne-Elliott of Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on 1/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Anne-Elliott from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Synopsis:

The horror on the train, great though it may turn out to be, will not compare with the horror that exists here, in this house.' On Christmas Eve, heavy snowfall brings a train to a halt near the village of Hemmersby. Several passengers take shelter in a deserted country house, where the fire has been lit and the table laid for tea - but no one is at home. Trapped together for Christmas, the passengers are seeking to unravel the secrets of the empty house when a murderer strikes in their midst.

Journal Entry 2 by Anne-Elliott at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/15/2015 UTC) at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom

Controlled release to Chamonix - enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by chamonix44 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Thank you so much for sending me this interesting-looking book. I can hardly wait to begin reading it.
Thank you also for the great postcard showing the self portrait of Anjelica Kaufman, from the National Portrait Gallery! One of my favourite places. You have cheered up a dull winter's day!

Journal Entry 4 by chamonix44 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, February 03, 2015
I have just finished reading this great mystery. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would have loved to have seen this old house in real life as I was trying hard to picture what the rooms were like inside, especially the bedroom where Jessie was at first.
The letter which was eventually found in Shaw's bedroom was very confusing to me. I am not going to bother to go back to that to try and understand it. I found the ending of the book slightly disappointing. It would have been nice if the last chapter had gone on a little longer to include the beginning of a romance between David and Nora and maybe Mr.Thomson with possibly Jessie since she was feeling sympathetic towards him, although not in a romantic way!! And how did the police find out about it and get there in the end? The situation was that no one could apparently get anywhere if they left the house and there was no phone and no neighbours nearby and even cars couldn't get through the snow drifts. Did I miss something? It is entirely possible that I did, as I often read it until I dropped it from tiredness.
Anyway I loved reading this, and I am very grateful to have been given the chance to do so. I am going to lend it to a co0uple of friends at church, and then I think I would like to read it again.

Journal Entry 5 by chamonix44 at Minibieb de omslag/ Rijssen in Rijssen, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, June 10, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (6/10/2019 UTC) at Minibieb de omslag/ Rijssen in Rijssen, Overijssel Netherlands

Hallo daar, gelukkige vinder!
Wat leuk dat je op deze pagina bent komen kijken. Als je dit leest, heb je een boek gevonden, zomaar een onverwacht kadootje van mij voor jou... Veel plezier ermee! Hierbij trouwens wat spelregels mbt bookcrossing:

1. Het zou fijn zijn als je meldt dat het veilig bij jou is. Dat mag gewoon in het Nederlands.
2. Daarna kun je het boek gaan lezen en als je wilt nog eens schrijven wat je ervan vond.
3. Mag het boek verder reizen, geef het dan door aan iemand anders, of laat het zomaar ergens weer achter, liefst op een veilige, droge plek. Je kunt via de bookcross-site ook weer melden waar je het hebt neergelegd, zodat anderen ernaar op zoek kunnen gaan...
TIP: Als je het boek op zijn reis wilt volgen, dan kun je je het beste aanmelden als nieuwe bookcrosser (www.bookcrossing.com). Het is erg leuk om erachter te komen hoe het met 'jouw' boek op z'n reis verder gaat!!
Ik zou het erg leuk vinden als je mij
chamonix44 dan opgeeft als referent. Voor Nederlandse uitleg kun je terecht op de volgende site: www.bookcrossing.nl

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.