The Shining Girls

by Lauren Beukes | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by asia_be_es of Warszawa, Mazowieckie Poland on 1/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by asia_be_es from Warszawa, Mazowieckie Poland on Wednesday, January 14, 2015
THEY SAY WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER. BUT WHAT IF DEATH CAME BACK TO TRY AGAIN?

Chicago, 1931. Harper is a man out of time – yet with all the time in the world to stalk and kill his ‘shining girls’. The objects he lays by their violated bodies are more than just clues: they are the glittering threads of his obsession, a web of sick satisfaction glowing through the years.
But these things have to be right. And if a girl lived to tell the tale, well, that would have to be fixed.
Chicago, 1992. Kirby knows there’s something strange about the man who nearly killed her – aside from being a violent psychopath. Rejected by those who should help her, she searches for the others, the girls who didn’t make it.
What Kirby finds is … impossible. Murders scattered across the decades, accompanied by totally contradictory evidence. But for a girl who should be dead, impossible doesn’t mean it didn’t happen … [theshininggirls.com]

Journal Entry 2 by asia_be_es at Uccle / Ukkel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Sunday, March 27, 2016
Looking at a crime from an interesting time perspective. Compelling reading.

Journal Entry 3 by asia_be_es at Milicz, Dolnośląskie Poland on Sunday, March 27, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/29/2016 UTC) at Milicz, Dolnośląskie Poland

Spring surprise for NowINkA! Enjoy your reading and/or releasing!

Journal Entry 4 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Tuesday, April 05, 2016
Arrived safe and sound, thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Monday, February 05, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/8/2018 UTC) at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland

I'm usually the first one to pick up a thriller/crime novel but recently my interest has shifted to other genres, so instead of letting it gathering dust, I'm passing the book on to someone who has it on their wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Again thank you for sharing this book as a RABCK! I’ve enjoyed the majority of Richard &Judy books I’ve read so far so looking forward to this one.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 02, 2019
Enjoyed this book once I got my head around the shifting timelines!

Lauren Beukes is a South African so the next stop for this book will be with the winner of the authors from unusual countries sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 02, 2019
A thriller! Definitely something I would like. Thank you for sending this.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, July 26, 2019
I agree, the shifting timelines were a bit confusing specially at the start. But once I got into it, I just kept right on until the end.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbook-a-neerwing at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Thursday, September 12, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (9/12/2019 UTC) at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Travelling to it’s next reader. Hoping that you haven’t read it yet.

Journal Entry 11 by wingLadyIndigowing at Orange, New South Wales Australia on Monday, September 23, 2019
what a surprise to find a bundle of books waiting for me at the post office :)

thankyou so much for choosing this celestial title for me - initially all i saw was 'the shining' and it looks like much like stephen king's 'the shining' - it looks like it could be an interesting read - though i am somewhat confused with all the research notes, is it all fiction, or fiction based on fact... reading it shall tell me i guess :)

happy reading