Agatha Raisin and a Spoonful of Poison

by M.C. Beaton | Humor |
Registered by weegie of Livingston, Scotland United Kingdom on 1/8/2015
Journal Entry 1 by weegie from Livingston, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 8, 2015
First book I've read by this author.

Journal Entry 2 by weegie at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 8, 2015

Released 9 yrs ago (1/8/2015 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

First time author. Leaving in Hemma.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGlencorseCentrewing at Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 6, 2015
picked up at Meetup - thanks

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 26, 2015
Retrieved from OBCZ

Journal Entry 5 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 7, 2015

Released 8 yrs ago (5/9/2015 UTC) at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom

Icila is visiting Edinburgh this weekend - will take all the Agatha Raisin books from the spiral to her hotel.

Journal Entry 6 by wingIcilawing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, May 23, 2015
A lot of thanks Cassandra2020 ! The books were waiting for me at the reception.
We had a marvelous time in Scotland, my group and me.
So many kind people in beautiful landscapes.

To be sent to Florence71 after reading.
Tagging Bookworm-lady fist... Florence has a spoonful of English novels to swallow, I think.

Journal Entry 7 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (1/4/2023 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

I send Agatha to Madrid, enjoy !

Journal Entry 8 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, January 13, 2023
And here she is, in cold but sunny Madrid!
Thanks a lot for putting together this lovely parcel with not two but three Agatha novels... I am sure these will make for many hours of pleasant reading! You have been a star! :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, September 23, 2023
Reserved for kirjakko for the European WishList Tag; I will read it first. :)

Journal Entry 10 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Currently reading it; and it is a lovely hardback with quite large font, which I appreciate... :)

Journal Entry 11 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, February 18, 2024
Well, not my favourite in this series, but still an entertaining read, as most of Agatha Raisin's adventures.
This time there is mayhem in a village fair, as the jelly cups in a contest get spiked with LSD... and two ladies jump from a rooftop.
Without spoiling the plot, I can say that I found the ending unsatisfactory, a really flimsy motive... But the search for the culprit was fun as usual.
One quote I'd like to highlight, as I can identify to some extent with it:
"She had begun to close the agency at weekends, feeling she was losing quality time, forgetting that when she had plenty of quality time, she didn't know what to do with it."
This is a beautiful hardback, it made for some entertaining hours, and will soon continue its travels to a colder climate. :)

Journal Entry 12 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, February 26, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (2/26/2024 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today, with another one of Agatha's adventures, to kirjakko; I tagged her with both of them. Thanks for your patience, and enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 13 by wingkirjakkowing at Sipoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 4, 2024
Both Agathas arrived safe and sound. I'm having a quiet day at work as our vet had a stomach flu in the weekend and is still feeling feeble. I cancelled all the patients except one, whose phone number we didn't have. So the vet crawled in to castrate a tomcat, but by the look of her she has had a spoonful of two of poison during the weekend. Come to think of it, she was so tired on Friday that she took a nap in one of our cages... (pic).