The Way of Shadows: The Night Angel Trilogy: Book 1

by Brent Weeks | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by LilMikey of Lakeside, California USA on 1/6/2015
Journal Entry 1 by LilMikey from Lakeside, California USA on Tuesday, January 06, 2015
From New York Times Bestselling author Brent Weeks...
For Durzo Blint, assassination is an art-and he is the city's most accomplished artist.
For Azoth, survival is precarious. Something you never take for granted. As a guild rat, he's grown up in the slums, and learned to judge people quickly - and to take risks. Risks like apprenticing himself to Durzo Blint.
But to be accepted, Azoth must turn his back on his old life and embrace a new identity and name. As Kylar Stern, he must learn to navigate the assassins' world of dangerous politics and strange magics - and cultivate a flair for death.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Thursday, April 09, 2015
I pulled this book from the sci-fi & fantasy book box. It got good reviews and looks intriguing. I just realized it came from very nearby, Lakeside. I think it put on some miles before coming so close to home again :)

Update: This was an interesting and intense read. I think I will go on and read the next book in the series. Kylar is a flawed individual, but fascinating. The world-building in this story was quite adept. I hadn't read this author before.

Journal Entry 3 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Released 3 mos ago (6/10/2020 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

This book is headed out by mail to a fellow reader in Indiana. Enjoy!!

Bookcrossing is the practice of leaving a book in a public place for someone else to "catch". Why? Cuz books just wanna have fun! Enjoy the serendipity and head over to the bookcrossing.com website to let me know you caught this book!

Bookcrossing is family-friendly and a great hobby 😀