Now All We Need Is a Title: Famous Book Titles and How They Got That Way

by Andre Bernard | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ILuvToRead2 of Chicago, Illinois USA on 1/30/2004
Journal Entry 1 by ILuvToRead2 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Friday, January 30, 2004
Here are some of the books listed under "Titles We're Glad Got Changed:"

The Mute was changed to The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter
At This Point in Time was changed to All the President's Men
Private Fleming, His Various Battles was changed to The Red Badge of Courage
Judah: A Tale of the Christ was changed to Ben-Hur
Before This Anger was changed to Roots
First Impressions was changed to Pride and Prejudice

This looks like an interesting little book. The cover art is different than shown.

Journal Entry 2 by ILuvToRead2 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Tuesday, April 06, 2004
This book was offered on the BookRelay, and is on its way to cestmoi - Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 19, 2004
What a wonderful little book. I read through it tonight and was completely fascinated with all of the title changes and all of the thought that goes into titling a book.

Thanks for sharing this!

Journal Entry 4 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 26, 2004
Picked this up yesterday at our little get together.

Journal Entry 5 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 23, 2004
Cute little book. Very quick read. Up for grabs now.

Released on Friday, June 18, 2004 at milstones restaurant at Queensway and Islington in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada.

This will continue its travels after 7pm tonight.

Journal Entry 7 by Leester from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 20, 2004
Picked this up a couple of nights ago. Very entertaining and educational. Got a chuckle out of Peter Benchley's comments about "Jaws". He says "My father didn't like it. My agent didn't like it. My wife didn't like it. And I didn't like it much. But the bottom line was, Who cares. Nobody reads first novels anyway."

Journal Entry 8 by monado from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Caught at the meet-up in Toronto. Looks amusing.

Thanks, Leester!