I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies)

by Pittacus Lore | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 024195357X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Semioticghost of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 1/2/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Semioticghost from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, January 02, 2015
A book for you to enjoy and pass on!

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore - the film tie-in!

They killed Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

John Smith is not your average teenager.

He regularly moves from small town to small town. He changes his name and identity. He does not put down roots. He cannot tell anyone who or what he really is. If he stops moving those who hunt him will find and kill him.

But you can't run forever.

So when he stops in Paradise, Ohio, John decides to try and settle down. To fit in. And for the first time he makes some real friends. People he cares about - and who care about him. Never in John's short life has there been space for friendship, or even love.

But it's just a matter of time before John's secret is revealed.

He was once one of nine. Three of them have been killed.

John is Number Four. He knows that he is next . . .

Praise for Pittacus Lore:

'Tense, exciting, full of energy' Observer

'Relentlessly readable' The Times

'Set to eclipse Harry Potter and moody vampires. Pittacus Lore is about to become one of the hottest names on the planet' Big Issue

'Tense, keeps you wondering' Sunday Times

Perfect for fans of The Hunger Games - I Am Number Four is the first book in Pittacus Lore's Lorien Legacies series and is now a major Disney film. Pittacus Lore is Lorien's ruling elder. He has been on Earth for the last twelve years preparing for the war that will decide Earth's fate. His whereabouts are unknown.

Released 4 yrs ago (1/2/2015 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

This book is to be left upstairs on the mantelpiece in Caffe Nero.

If you are the finder, you can make a journal entry here - you can remain anonymous if you want! I hope you enjoy the book and that you'll get a chance to leave it somewhere else for someone else to find in due course. There is an old (but still very informative) article on bookcrossing to be found here:

Local bookcrossers meet on the second Saturday of each month from 12-1 (ish) upstairs in Coffee Link on Neptune Marina. New people are always welcome, and you don't need to bring anything. You will recognize us by the pile of books on the table. Tis brings me to the potential danger of such meetups - you may leave with more books than you brought :)

If you like the idea of bookcrossing, more free books can be found in Ipswich bookcrossing zones:
Caffe Nero, the Buttermarket, (upstairs on the mantlepiece)
The Greyhound pub on Ivry Road (shelf opposite the bar)
Coffee Link, Neptune Marina (upstairs, book case on far wall)

Colchester:
Slack Space, Eld Lane
Love Coffee Aroma, High Street
Purple Dog, Eld Lane
Foresters Arms, Castle Road
Hospital Arms, Crouch Street
15 Queen Street
Fox Pub, Layer de la Haye

Please do stop for a coffee or drink while you're there.

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, January 04, 2015
I saw this pop-up at Caffe Nero and I thought I would grab it before another pesky member of the public ;) We should cut out the middle person next time...?

(23/07/15) I am a sucker for this sort of thing, I guess its aimed at teenagers but a fun sub-SciFi story about aliens fighting a war on Earth, and the start of the Lorien Legacies series. As the blurb says, "Set to eclipse Harry Potter and moody vampires"; better than the latter and not as good as the former IMHO, but a great description. Looking forward to seeing the film and onward to number 2...

Thanks for sharing Est :)

Released 4 yrs ago (8/1/2015 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Cambridge in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

I'm taking this on a trip to Cambridge...so this could end up anywhere from the Newmarket Road P&R, well to just about anywhere!

If you find this book, welcome to Bookcrossing. Please read, enjoy or pass on, and writing a journal entry here would be nice :)