Essential Eliot CD (Caedmon Essentials)

by T.S. Eliot | Poetry |
Registered by weiterferne of Houston, Texas USA on 12/15/2014
Journal Entry 1 by weiterferne from Houston, Texas USA on Monday, December 15, 2014
These are poems read by Thomas Eliot.

It was fun to listen to the short CD, just because of the way the poems are read. Rhythmical with a lot of expression and vocal variety. But to be honest, I missed the point of what they were a about in most of the poems - apart from "Macavity: The Mystery Cat" which is more a fun poem.

Journal Entry 2 by weiterferne at Houston, Texas USA on Friday, January 29, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/29/2016 UTC) at Houston, Texas USA

Releasing this into Big John Lefty's Other AudioBookBox. Hope this finds a good home...

Journal Entry 3 by olered at Salem, Oregon USA on Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Listened to and put back in BigJohnLefty's Audio Bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 02, 2016
The words are ropes

all wound to together,
that pull you up.

Journal Entry 5 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, September 09, 2016
Ugh. You know... I really wanted to like this. I actually plucked it right out and was happy to find poetry in the audio book box.

After all, he is a famous poet. You'd think he must have large appeal. I don't know. The sad part is, I write poetry. I've been published. I've had a my fans. So it's not as if I don't know anything about poetry.

But I've never been found of the older style poetry. Other than villianelle's, most metered and rhyming poems bore me to tears. There are exceptions, but this is not one of them.

Though, it could have a lot to do with him reading them. He tried to hard and made a vulgar mess of the reading. However they may feel when he wrote them, he read them with an obnoxiousness that grated on my nerves. Good poetry runs on in such fluid motion, that even if you don't like what it was about, you liked the way it sounded.

Maybe his poetry does that when you read it yourself on paper. But it sure as hell doesn't when it comes out of his mouth. Blah! :P

Journal Entry 6 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (9/20/2016 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book has become part of BigJohnLefty's Another AUDIOBOOKBOX.

I was the last in line for this one and it was supposed to be returned to him. Unfortunately he has passed away sometime at the beginning of this year and he will be greatly missed.

Another kind bookcrosser has opted to take over the rounds and will try to keep it going in his memory.

May he rest in peace.

Journal Entry 7 by devon612 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Friday, September 30, 2016
This has arrived as part of BigJohnLefty's Audio Bookbox. I am restarting this bookring soon!

Journal Entry 8 by devon612 at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Sunday, November 06, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/7/2016 UTC) at Altamonte Springs, Florida USA

Being released as part of BigJohnLefty's Audio Bookbox.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (6/14/2017 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Chosen from my CD only VBB KTM RABCK to azuki

Journal Entry 10 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Home cleaning time --- and time for mysterious unjournaled BC books to pop up!! Umm, real sorry, must have put aside when books arrived, but they are safely here. Thanks. And thanks for the funny calendar pages you enclosed. Give me a good laugh for today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 11 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 29, 2019
I kind of agree with everybody. I expected to like it more. When I was in high school we did a production of Cats, so I'm inclined to like it already. But the static of the old recording really distracts me and while there are interesting lines here and there, I just couldn't keep my concentration.

May bring this over to the BC con in Mainz as it's such a light "book" to carry.

Journal Entry 12 by wingAzukiwing at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Thursday, April 18, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/27/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Sharing with my BC friends.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 13 by wingpyrrhulawing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2019
Found at the convention in Mainz, Germany