Diggers

by Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by MissBagpuss of Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on 1/29/2004
Journal Entry 1 by MissBagpuss from Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 29, 2004
"the nomes shuffled their feet. order. it didnt sound a promising name. anyone called order would probably be capable of anything..."

the sequel to truckers, a fantasy trilogy about a race of little people in a world of humans. you dont need to have read the first one to enjoy this, as it is a story in itself.

Journal Entry 2 by MissBagpuss at Bookrelay in Bookrelay, Bookrelay -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 15, 2004
Released on Thursday, April 15, 2004 at Bookrelay in Bookrelay, Bookrelay Controlled Releases.

bookrelay - now on the way to canada to join "truckers"

Journal Entry 3 by ukbrat from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 03, 2004
I'm anticipating enjoying this book! A) I love Terry Pratchett and B) I loved the first book. Thanks MissBagpuss for giving me this book as part of a relay. I will read and pass on!

Journal Entry 4 by ukbrat from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 23, 2004
Meh, didn't have the usual zest that other Terry Pratchett books have. I enjoy the sarcastic wit that is found in other Terry Pratchett books. It's a great book for anyone looking for a Terry Pratchett fix. I will read the last book in this series.

Journal Entry 5 by rockyhorror1978 from St. Catharines, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 29, 2009
Found in my basement when I bought the house. I will release as part of Vekiki's Terry Pratchett Alzheimer's Awareness day.

Journal Entry 6 by rockyhorror1978 at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, May 30, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (6/1/2009 UTC) at Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands

Being released as part of Vekiki's Terry Pratchett Alzheimer's Awareness Release Challenge. This is a bonus book. Enjoy!

"Anyway -- because we are readers, we don't have to wait for some communications executive to decide what we should think about next -- and how we should think about it. We can fill our heads with anything from aardvarks to zucchinis -- at any time of night or day."
— Kurt Vonnegut

Journal Entry 7 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, September 02, 2009
What a great surprise to receive this book as a RABCK, along with two other books from the same series and a lovely bookmark.
Thank you very much rockyhorror1978!
Amazon Editorial Review:
The nomes are ready for their
Bright New Dawn!
But the trouble with Bright New Dawns is that they're usually followed by cloudy days. With scattered showers. Life Outside the Store is much colder than the four-inch-tall nomes expected. And there aren't any walls . . . it's all very unsettling.
Still, the nomes are finally adjusting to their new home at the abandoned quarry, when a Sign arrives announcing the quarry is to be reopened. The humans are coming to mess things up (as usual), but this time the nomes might just fight back -- if they can find a way to rouse the mysterious Dragon in the Hill.

Journal Entry 8 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, September 15, 2009
I enjoyed this story, and I like the humour and the lack of worldliness in these strange little characters!

..... The nomes stood rooted in terror. There was no sense in trying to run away. A fox had twice as many legs to run after you. You'd end up dead anyway, but at least you wouldn't end up dead and out of breath as well......."

I'm going to start on the last book of this trilogy now, "Wings".

Journal Entry 9 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, November 30, 2009
This book is going to be sent to sshahid in Pakistan. She entered my rabck to guess the date that my first grandchild would be born. She didn't guess the correct date, but I did another few draws from the entrants so that more people would get books.
The book is now wrapped and ready to be posted. I shall put it into my box of books to be posted whilst I am in England sometime in December, (because postage is cheaper from there, and lack of funds makes it necessary for me to do this). It will be posted before Christmas, but it won't reach its destination until sometime in the New Year.

Sorry about the water damage to this book. If you read all the journals here you will see that it was rescued from a basement by the reader before me when she moved into her new home. The water damage did not spoil the reading of this great book.

Journal Entry 10 by chamonix44 at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan on Thursday, December 17, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/21/2009 UTC) at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan

I am sending this book to sshahid in Pakistan.
I intend to mail this book out from the UK on Monday 21st December. I am writing these release notes in advance because I will not have access to the internet on Monday.

UPDATE:
I posted this book on 21st December 2009, from Chelmsford post office in Essex, England. I hope it won't take too long to reach it's destination!

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.
Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44.,(or any journaller before me), as your referring member.

Journal Entry 11 by sshahid from Discovery Gardens, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Saturday, April 24, 2010
Hi chamonix44 and thanks for the book! I loved Truckers and i totally forgot you were sending this to me so this was a great (good) surprise! :)
Just can't wait for the holidays to start. I've promised myself i will finish my TBRs this year and this one will be a good read I'm predicting :)

Journal Entry 12 by sshahid at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan on Sunday, June 06, 2010
Loved this one too!! Can't wait to read the last book in the series. I will hopefully release this one by next month :)

EDITED TO ADD: Btw chamonix could you please let me know if you receive this JE because when i click on my TBR pile, this book is still listed as TBR instead of AVL.

Journal Entry 13 by sshahid at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan on Saturday, June 19, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (6/19/2010 UTC) at Lahore, Punjab Pakistan

Posted this to RowanneM yesterday.

waderwoman entered my RABCK on your behalf. Hope you enjoy this one :)