The Distant Hours

by Kate Morton | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingMaranlinwing of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 11/30/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 30, 2014
From the back cover:
It starts with a letter, lost for half a century and unexpectedly delivered to Edie's mother on a Sunday afternoon. The letter leads Edie to Milderhurst Castle, where the eccentric Blythe sisters live and where, she discovers, her mother was billeted during World War II. The elder Blythe sisters are twins and have spent most of their lives caring for their younger sister, Juniper, who hasn't been the same since her fiance jilted her in 1941,

Inside the decaying castle, Edie searches for her mother's past but soon learns there are other secrets hidden in its walls. The truth of what happened in "the distant hours" has been waiting a long time for someone to find it. In this enthralling romantic thriller, Morton pays homage to the classics of gothic fiction, spinning a rich and intricate web of mystery, suspense and lost love.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 30, 2014
This is a long book (560 pages) and at times I got a bit bogged down in it. I didn't think it was as good as Morton's two previous novels. However, the story was intriguing and held my interest right to the end.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMaranlinwing at Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 23, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (1/23/2015 UTC) at Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada

Left on a seat in the mall near the Northern Reflections store.
Released for the 2015 NJABBIC Challenge (week 3: wraparound cover art on the spine).

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, Maranlin, as a referring member.