Freedom: A Novel (Oprah's Book Club)

by Jonathan Franzen | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmimi4711wing of Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 11/22/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingmimi4711wing from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, November 22, 2014
One of my favourite books of the last years! I think it's great.
Have fun!
-----
Adventskalendertürchen 17.

Journal Entry 2 by wingchesswallywing at Vaihingen (Enz), Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Herzlichen Dank für das Türchen Nr 17 im halben Adventskalender 2014.

I'm looking forward to reading it.

This book is unbelievable well written. Every day I was keen on going on reading.

It tells the story of Walter and Patty Berglund: Their childhood, their youth, their falling-in-love with each other. And thus the reader gets to know about their psychic developments, their problems with their families, their problems in accepting themselves. The author is able to show how the love between Patty and Walter gets hurt and what are the results. After 562 pages they are in their 50ies and you have had a voyage through every kind of feeling. The story never is depressing, hope can be felt nearly always.

Released 6 mos ago (12/6/2018 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

Travelling in a birthday parcel.

My Birthday- Surprise. Thank you.