Christmas Shoppe, The

by Melody Carlson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0800719263 Global Overview for this book
Registered by crossingguardma of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 11/11/2014
Journal Entry 1 by crossingguardma from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, November 11, 2014
I was drawn to this book for its beautiful cover...

From amazon: The small town of Parrish Springs is not ready for Matilda Honeycutt. A strange older woman with scraggly gray hair and jewelry that jangles as she walks, Matilda is certainly not the most likely person to buy the old Barton Building on the town's quaint main street. When it becomes apparent that her new shop doesn't fit the expectations of Parrish Springs residents, a brouhaha erupts. After all, Christmas is approaching, and the last thing the town needs is a junky shop run by someone who looks and acts like a gypsy. But as townsfolk venture into the strange store, they discover that old memories can bring new life and healing.

Once again, Melody Carlson delivers a Christmas story that will touch hearts and delight the senses. Sure to be a classic, The Christmas Shoppe is filled with the special magic the best Christmas stories share--that intangible mixture of nostalgia, joy, and a little bit of magic.

Journal Entry 2 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Just a perfect "Hallmark" story. A quick read with a lovely message. I was going to wild release in Vancouver but will keep for the bookcrossing group!

Journal Entry 3 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (11/23/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Crossing-guard came over so passed this on to her!

Journal Entry 4 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Monday, November 24, 2014
Picked up this book from my mom as I said I was running out of Christmas books.

Journal Entry 5 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Thursday, December 04, 2014
This was a fun, predictable light and fluffy book which was exactly what I wanted to get me in the holiday spirit. I rather enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (12/13/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Unfortunately I am unable to make the "December Christmas" themed meeting of the Calgary BookCrossers. I read some great Christmas books and wanted to make sure they made it into the hands of readers prior to Christmas so I am passing them to my mom who as nicely agreed to take them to the meeting. Who knows, I couple might end up with her to read first.

Journal Entry 7 by nada50 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 14, 2014
Picked up at the December meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by nada50 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, December 22, 2014
Endearing little Christmas miracle book. Back to the group it goes!

Journal Entry 9 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 15, 2015
Picked this up at the March BookCrossing meeting. Will put it aside to start reading in November/December.

Journal Entry 10 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (1/9/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the January BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 09, 2016
Brought this home from the January meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, November 30, 2017
A nice light Christmas read that speeds along as you like the characters and it is an interesting storyline.

Journal Entry 13 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 09, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (12/9/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the December meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 14 by B-Lynn at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, February 11, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (2/11/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

a lovely Christmas story. bringing back to the next meeting

Journal Entry 15 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 12, 2019
Forgot to journal last month.

Journal Entry 16 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/14/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the December meeting!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 17 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 15, 2019
Picked up at get together