Touching the Void

Oxford Convention 2015
by Joe Simpson | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/22/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 22, 2015
Picked up at Books for Free, Stratford. It will be closing this Thursday, I believe, and the volunteers are trying to get rid of as many books as possible to avoid them being pulped.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, November 23, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/23/2015 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

In the post to chocdrop.

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Thank you, Poodlesister, for sending me one of my wishlist books. I'm glad you were able to rescue it!

Journal Entry 4 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 15, 2015
This is such an amazing real-life story. I couldn't put it down and whizzed through it in a couple of days.

Thanks again Poodlesister.

Journal Entry 5 by chocdrop at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Saturday, July 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/16/2016 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This is going to Andrea99 who has it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 6 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, July 18, 2016
Received in the post today as a wishlist rabck! Thank you!!

Journal Entry 7 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Friday, November 04, 2016
This is an incredible story of two young mountaineers Joe Simpson (author) and his friend Simon who are attempting a summit in Peru. The make it but on their descent a series of mishaps occur, and Simon is left in the awful position of potentially risking his own life or cutting the rope and letting Joe fall with a very badly broken and mashed leg.
Not only does Joe survive the fall but makes it back to base camp and from there to Lima for surgery.

Quite incredible!!

Journal Entry 8 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, February 11, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/11/2017 UTC) at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

Mailed to the winner of the Non-Fiction sweeps - hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by CathrineB at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Friday, February 17, 2017
wow, this seems like a very interesting book!

Journal Entry 10 by CathrineB at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Such an interesting and well written story! I read it in a few days!
I can't imagine how painful and difficult it must have been to get from the site of accident to the base camp, without food and water, and in great pain! It's really impressive!! I would have liked to see the face of Simon and Richard (or whatever his name was!) in base camp when they realized that Joe had arrived there!

Journal Entry 11 by CathrineB at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/1/2018 UTC) at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway

I'm sending this to the winner of the Non-fiction sweepstake.

Released as part of the Release a T book in May at the Scandinavian forum.

Journal Entry 12 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, May 24, 2018
Thank you for the book. This is just the book for me. I love to read this kind of adventure and survival stories. Human strength and perseverance at times of adversity never cease to amaze me. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 13 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, May 14, 2019
This is an amazing story. All I can say is "WOW". Both Joe and Simon are unbelievable. I am so glad to have read the book.

Released 1 mo ago (6/1/2019 UTC) at Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Somewhere along the Rice Lake trail.

-----------------------------
Dear Fellow Reader,

This is a travelling book which is free for you to read, keep or pass along.

I have registered the book at www.bookcrossing.com so that others and I can see where this book goes. I hope you will make a journal entry on the website to mark its journey; you do not have to register or sign up for anything to do so. But if you sign up, you can follow the book's journey too. I encourage you to explore the site, share books and make the world a library.

Enjoy the read.