Sarah's Key

by Tatiana de Rosnay | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingminesaynwing of Huron, Ohio USA on 11/3/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingminesaynwing from Huron, Ohio USA on Monday, November 03, 2014
"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

By registering this book, I am sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
Purchased from the Friends of the Huron Public Library's book cart to raise funds for the library.

From my Goodreads review: The interwoven story of Sarah, a young Jewish girl, and Julia Jarmond, an American journalist living in Paris. Set in Paris in 1942 and 2002, the story is told of Jewish family sent by the French ultimately to Auschwitz. As they are rounded up, Sarah locks her brother, Michel, in a hidden cupboard with a promise to return for him. Her story is told along with Julia's story of researching the sixtieth anniversary of the tragic events. As Julia's research continues, she becomes obsessed with finding out what happened to Sarah despite the effect it is having on her own family. A stirring, emotional read...mesmerizing

Journal Entry 2 by wingminesaynwing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (11/5/2014 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

Sent via media mail along with a birthday card and a few goodies for recipient's birthday. Hope your day is wonderful and that you enjoy reading this one.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Wishlist RABCK from the 2014 birthday group - thank you!

(Larger photo here.)

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 15152548 15943324

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, May 18, 2020
Unfortunately I still haven't read this...but Mom did. I also have an as-yet-unregistered copy, so I'll let this one head off on a new adventure.

Released 11 mos ago (5/18/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #48023 - Kaimuki (12th near Alohea) in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Sunday, May 17, 2020: did some cleaning up after the lizards and left a few books. (Zoomable photo here.)

Updated guidelines for safely visiting and stocking Little Free Libraries from the LFL site here.
As of March 30th, the CDC said: “We are not concerned at all about paper-based materials like books being a transmission route” - but the situation keeps evolving and it never hurts to be cautious and sanitize your hands and frequently-touched surfaces.

Released for msrubble's 2020 movie challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book! Won't you make a journal entry so the previous readers know that it's safe with you?

This is now your book, for you to do with as you please: keep it as long as you wish, pass it to a friend, or maybe even leave it where someone else can find it!

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!