Waiting for The Rain (Laurel Leaf Books)

by Sheila Gordon | Children's Books |
Registered by wingKateKintailwing of Burke, Virginia USA on 10/31/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, October 31, 2014
Picked this up at the Book Thing of Baltimore.

I read this book in 1994 or 1995 when I was in middle school. I remember that I really enjoyed this look at two boys dealing with the culture of apartheid in South Africa. I found the situation easier to understand through their struggles in this book.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing at Fairfax Station, Virginia USA on Friday, October 31, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (10/31/2014 UTC) at Fairfax Station, Virginia USA

Releasing this in my YA Bookbox in hopes that it will find a new reader.

Journal Entry 3 by wingk00kaburrawing at San Jose, California USA on Thursday, December 11, 2014
This book enjoyed a brief stop in San Jose, CA before continuing its journey in the YA Bookbox!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Taken from KateKintail's YA Bookbox with thanks.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, June 30, 2018
An interesting read that made me wonder about how a relatively peaceful transition was achieved: with all the emotions on both sides, that was a tricky thing to pull off!

This is my South Africa read for the 2018 version of kiwiinengland's 666 challenge.

Themes for the second quarter re-do of Secretariat's 2018 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Release Challenge:

Week 14: picture of rain or the word rain (April showers)

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Kakaako in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (7/3/2018 UTC) at Kakaako in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Monday, July 02, 2018: hanging from the "Art Show" sign.

(Larger photo here.)

Released for Secretariat's 2018 NJABBIC Challenge (week 26: 2nd quarter re-do).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!