corner corner A Blind Eye

A Blind Eye
by g. m. ford | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 11/6/2014

status (set by Plum-crazy): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Frank Corso and Meg Dougherty, caught in a near-fatal blizzard, take shelter in an abandoned farmhouse, where they find a family of corpses under the floorboards in the barn. The search for the killer leads them on a cross-country quest to find a serial killer unlike any they've ever imagined.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 03, 2018

When the Texan police issue a warrant with his name on it Corso, unsurprisingly, does a bunk. Conning Meg Dougherty into going with him, the pair find themselves in a furious blizzard. Trapped by the storm the pair take shelter in an abandoned house & end up discovering the grisly remains of the Holmes family. The local sheriff cuts a deal with Frank - he won't be handed over to Texas if he investigates the murders. Is he likely to refuse? Of course not!

This was another good read featuring this likeable duo (I still go *ouch* whenever Meg's tattos are mentioned!) A female serial killer doesn't crop up that often & this one does have a hint of Gretchen Lowell about her. I loved the way Frank's thoughts at the end of the last chapter sequed nicely into the final passage...the sort of ending that makes me smile.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at calderdale royal hospital in Halifax, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (5/16/2018 UTC) at calderdale royal hospital in Halifax, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left in Out Patients - waiting area 2

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)