Virgin Planet

by Poul Anderson | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Catwoman of Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on 1/26/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 26, 2004
Donated by my nephew. Hope whomever finds this book will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by Catwoman at on Tuesday, March 23, 2004
Released on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 at Fellow Bookcrosser in Edmonton, Alberta Controlled Releases.

Dropped off for Merenwen to enjoy. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by Merenwen from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, March 23, 2004
Thanks Catwoman! Looks like a quick read.

Journal Entry 4 by Merenwen from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 29, 2004
I started reading this book last night. So far I'm rather unimpressed. I love the sci-fi and fantasy genre, but I don't like Anderson's writing style, so far. It seems really dated too for this genre(1970's).

I'll give it a few more chapters and get back to ya!

Journal Entry 5 by Merenwen from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, March 30, 2004
I got through it and see it has potential, but fell very short of the mark. The writing seemed sexist, not overtly, but several situations and comments disgusted me. I didn't feel that Anderson was true to his characters and that those characters lacked credibility.

And the ending...? It's distasteful.

I don't think I'd recommend this book.

Journal Entry 6 by Merenwen at on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Released on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at Fellow Bookcrosser in Edmonton, Alberta Controlled Releases.

I'm passing this one off to Spriggans to see what she thinks of it. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 7 by Spriggans from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 09, 2004
Poul Anderson is certainly a classic and when fellow book-crosser, Merenwen asked if I'd be interested - well you now know - the rest of the story! One has to remember that this book was written initially in 1959 (1970 was the first time in paperback) - it was different world then and Poul Anderson really has to be read in that light. I'll let you know what I think of this one in particular once I've read it.