Heaven

by V C Andrews | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by davenred of Cold Lake, Alberta Canada on 1/26/2004
Journal Entry 1 by davenred from Cold Lake, Alberta Canada on Monday, January 26, 2004
Another great read. About a girl in the backwoods who doesn't belong there and how she is the sole protector of her siblings, then she is exploited by her stepfather.

Journal Entry 2 by davenred at Maneiacs Esthetics & Hairstyling in Cold Lake, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 06, 2004
Released on Friday, February 06, 2004 at Maneiacs Esthetics & Hairstyling in Cold Lake, Alberta Canada.

In the waiting area.

After finding it in a drawer for over a year, I took it home and am sending it as a RABCK to jennannej...enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Thursday, March 10, 2005
"The wind didn't just blow in the Willies, it howled and shrieked, so everyone living in the Willies had good reason for looking anxiously out their small dirty windows."

The second paragraph is perfect for today. The wind is blowing so hard today it took my breath away on the walk home. Whew!

Journal Entry 4 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Monday, March 21, 2005
Can I say I enjoyed/hated this book? It's one of those books whose characters and situations frustrate me so much. It's sad to see the characters, and in this book, Heaven, in such difficult circumstances. Then to see how horrid others can be to her. But the worst for me is to watch characters like Heaven really mess things up with her own decision and actions. I get frustrated with them and want to scream, "What are you doing?!?"

On the other hand, I felt I just had to keep reading. I had to know what was going to happen. My interest was piqued. Would she rise above all the junk she was buried in? Would she come out shining in the end?

Thankfully I have the next book, because we don't get that question answered very well here.

Journal Entry 5 by jennannej from Coronado, California USA on Saturday, July 02, 2005
Off to Suebo!

Journal Entry 6 by Suebo from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, July 07, 2005
Book arrived safe and sound in Philly, PA.
Thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by Suebo at Fellow BookCrosser in Mars, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Released 15 yrs ago (5/28/2005 UTC) at Fellow BookCrosser in Mars, Pennsylvania USA

sending as part of a book box to SpikesMom

Released 15 yrs ago (8/16/2005 UTC) at Therapy Cafe OBCZ 452 E. 3rd St. (in The Cannery) in Dayton, Ohio USA