The Man From Snowy River

by Elyne Mitchell | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by book-a-neer of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 11/1/2019
Journal Entry 1 by book-a-neer from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, November 01, 2019
Jim Craig is eighteen-years-old, and cannot return to his mountain home until he has proven himself a man. Jessica Harrison is the beautiful, impetuous daughter of the wealthy cattleman whose 1000 colt runs off to join the brumby mob. And then there is the stallion, leader of the brumbies for almost twenty years, ranging free and proud in the mountains, whose very existence is like a dark thread running through the lives of so many people...

Journal Entry 2 by book-a-neer at Blackburn South, Victoria Australia on Friday, November 01, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (11/1/2019 UTC) at Blackburn South, Victoria Australia

Something different.

Sent to the Classic Sweeps Winner. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Friday, November 29, 2019
Thank you very much book-a-neer for the two books, BC stickers, two beautiful bookmarks and your nice note! I received some very interesting books through this sweeps, I can't wait to delve into this ocean of classic literature!

Journal Entry 4 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Thursday, December 05, 2019
This was a very quick and nice little book! The plot was somehow predictable, but I enjoyed it a lot and loved the descriptions of the nature, the landscape and the lifestyle of the era and area. I liked the crucial part that horses had in the story, many of them pictured with distinct personalities. Interesting terminology to learn too for this Greek who's far from fluent in English!

I noticed that this book is inspired by an early 1980s film that in turn was inspired by a 1890's poem by Banjo Paterson, who's actually featured in the novel. How cool is that?
An Australian classic and quite different from my usual reads, thanks once again book-a-neer for sharing! BookCrossing can be quite educational!

Released 7 mos ago (2/18/2020 UTC) at International RABCK Sweepstake, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

The Man From Snowy River enjoyed his stay in Greece very much, but now got itchy feet again and decided he wants to visit and explore one more new continent to him!
He picked a weird 18th century English girl for companion too.
The people and places you meet through BookCrossing... lol

Journal Entry 6 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, February 28, 2020
The book arrived today with its travelling companion. Both are new to me. Thank you.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, July 09, 2020
Something different from what I usually read, but I enjoyed it, especially the description of nature and horses. A lovely diversion.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, July 11, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (7/10/2020 UTC) at Richmond, British Columbia Canada

This is finally on its way to the winner of the Weather Sweeps. Congratulations on your win and huge apologies for sending so late.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, August 05, 2020
Thanks you very much, mcsar for sending me this book and BC goodies. It seems to have transited via Belgium, anything can happens in this strange days...