Lullabies for Little Criminals

by Heather O'Neill | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 10/17/2014
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, October 17, 2014
Yet, again a book that pops me into a spin. I found it unregistered on the Official BookCrossing Zone bookshelf at the Belmont Filmhouse, and yes I want to read it but must be reasonable and send this one travelling straight away as even though its the second copy of this I am registering I cannot add it to my already dangerously teetering to-be-read book piles.
----------------------

LULLABIES FOR LITTLE CRIMINALS by HEATHER O'NEILL (2006)
ISBN: 1847243932 / 9781847243935 (UK PB)
Publisher: Quercus (2008)

From www.fantasticfiction.com Orange Prize for Fiction (nominee)
Baby is twelve. Her mother died soon after she was born so she lives with her father - and his heroin addiction. She's grown up in Montreal' red-light district, never staying anywhere long enough to call it home, and now Baby is losing the only constant in her life; her father. He's been sent to hospital and she's been forced into foster care. She longs for his return; other people's families are no substitute for her own. Starved of affection, Baby is attracted to all the wrong people. And when her father betrays her and she is sent to a juvenile detention centre, she is more at risk than ever. Baby' survival rests on her gift for spinning stories and for cherishing the small crumbs of happiness which fall into her lap. Poised on the threshold between childhood and adult life, she is bright, funny, observant and ultimately wise enough to realize that salvation rests in her hands alone.

Heather O'Neill' talent is outstanding, she is able to craft the most beautiful images and "Quercus" anticipates a remarkable future for her.

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Costa Coffee, Cults in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 24, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (11/24/2014 UTC) at Costa Coffee, Cults in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME! I hope you will enjoy this book and make a little journal entry! You can leave notes anonymously. When you are done with it, perhaps you will send it on its way. Check out BookCrossing - it's a fun community of readers! HAPPY READING

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, ABERDEEN has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (fourth Monday of the month) at Belmont Cinema Cafe/bar, in central Aberdeen. Come join us!
For more information, see our Meet-Up Group:

Also EDINBURGH has an active group of BookCrossers who meet [at least] twice monthly: every first Thursday of the month at 7.30 pm and also every third Sunday of the month at, 2pm. Venue: Hemma, a Swedish bar near the Scottish Parliament in central Edinburgh on 75 Holyrood Road, EH8 8AE Come join us!
For more information, see our Meet-Up Group: http://www.meetup.com/bookswapedinburgh

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Found book on Monday at Cults, Aberdeen, Yet to read but copy now in Cardiff S Wales!
Will release at later date in Cardiff! DIOLCH!