Crazy as Chocolate

by Elisabeth Hyde | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by keeta1 of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 10/11/2014
Journal Entry 1 by keeta1 from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, October 11, 2014
'When I went off to college, I started telling people that my mother died in a car crash.' Ellie and Izzy have lived a crazy life, with a mother whom they adored, but who wasn't without problems. From long midnight baths, to dancing in the dark in the rain, to driving the family car straight into the lake, she's been a magic but maniacal figure, someone whose colourful stunts and bold lies have been the source of both pride and shame for the girls. Then, in March 1971, Izzy's mother locked herself in the garage and sat in a Dodge Dart with the engine running. Now, on the eve of her own 41st birthday, Izzy realises that she's about to reach an age her mother never got beyond and she's entering virgin time, the second half of a life her mother never knew. All she wants is a phone call from her father, and a simple 'Happy Birthday' from her sister, Ellie - a call from one sane sister to another. But she knows that isn't going to happen, for they're both flying out for an emotionally charged weekend visit and Izzy can't help feeling that she's still responsible, that there are apologies to be made. Surely now, she's at an age where a grown-up daughter can put things behind her? Spare and sweet, "Crazy As Chocolate" is an enchanting, involving novel of the acceptance and remembrance of familial madness set against an idyllic and wild childhood..

Journal Entry 2 by keeta1 at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, May 15, 2018
An enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 3 by keeta1 at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/15/2018 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to Brunton11 :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 18, 2018
Arrived safely today! Thank you for a very generous package of books and bookmarks.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 03, 2019
Gosh I wanted to keep reading this one despite the difficult subject.

Reserved for the winner of the Culinary Sweepstakes.

Journal Entry 6 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 22, 2019
Received today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 02, 2019
I've had to do a purge of my bookshelves. I will look for a new home for this book.

Journal Entry 8 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 13, 2019

Released 6 days ago (10/16/2019 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a part of a Wishlist tag! Enjoy!