Saints at the River: A Novel

by Ron Rash | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingwaterfallingwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 10/2/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, October 02, 2014
trade-size paperback.

from the back cover:
When a twelve-year-old girl drowns in the Tamassee River and her body is trapped in a deep eddy, the people of the small South Carolina town that bears the river's name are thrown into the national spotlight. The girl's parents want to attempt a rescue of the body; environmentalists are convinced the rescue operation will cause permanent damage to the river and set a dangerous precedent. Torn between the two sides is Maggie Glenn, a twenty-eight-year-old newspaper photographer who grew up in the town and has been sent to document the incident. Since leaving home almost ten years ago, Maggie has done her best to avoid her father, but now, as the town's conflict opens old wounds, she finds herself revisiting the past she's fought so hard to leave behind.

Although I enjoyed this book, it felt like several other books I've read in the past - woman returns to her hometown and gets caught up in old lovers and family issues.

Journal Entry 2 by wingwaterfallingwing at Rockledge, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (11/25/2014 UTC) at Rockledge, Florida USA

Sent as selected from the GenLit VBB list.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Friday, November 28, 2014
I received this great sounding book as my selection from the General Literature VBB, thanks for offering it and I am looking forward to reading it soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 08, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/8/2017 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 5 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, September 21, 2017
Arrived safe and sound today. Thank you!