The Children Act

by Ian McEwan | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0224101994 Global Overview for this book
Registered by chuckacraft of Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on 6/19/2015
Journal Entry 1 by chuckacraft from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Friday, June 19, 2015
I liked the theme and there were some strong passages, but overall I was disappointed. I did not like so much the writing style and the description of characters was surprisingly superficial and pointing out to much the same character traits.

Happy reading!

Released 4 yrs ago (6/21/2015 UTC) at ilex Cafe & Events, Christchurch Botanic Gardens in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

I`ll bring this book to the bookcrossing meeting:)

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, July 19, 2015
Picked up at this afternoon's meetup. Not sure when I'll find time to read it, of course...

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Reminded me of a Jodi Picoult novel - the same sort of theme of legal/medical/ethical dilemmas, and of the black and white decisions of the courtroom becoming much greyer out in the real world.

Like chuckacraft, I was a little disappointed overall - the book didn't quite live up to its potential.

Journal Entry 5 by futurecat at The Coffee Club Hagley Park in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, August 22, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (8/22/2015 UTC) at The Coffee Club Hagley Park in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left on the bookshelf after our meetup.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 6 by Knovella at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 10, 2017
I picked this book up sometime ago and have finally got around to reading it. I enjoyed it. Goodness a high court judge certainly has to make some challenging decisions don't they. I find it hard enough thinking of what to write on a post like this. Thanks for sharing. I'll return it to the place I found it. :)

Journal Entry 7 by Knovella at Coffee Club Hagley Park in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (1/10/2017 UTC) at Coffee Club Hagley Park in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Happy reading folks.