Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum)

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingBkind2bookswing of Clarksville, Tennessee USA on 9/23/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingBkind2bookswing from Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Read Dec 2013 - back and ready to release.

I liked this story but I feel that these are getting to be just a rehash of earlier plot lines with some minor changes. I still like reading these - Stephanie gets into the same improbable yet hilarious situations including shooting the ear off one of the skips, chasing a giraffe, and setting an apartment on fire (yes she's graduated from cars). Joe is a lot of fun - there's a conversation that Joe has with Stephanie that is classic and the scene at Joe's house is fun as well. But what makes the book are the scenes with Ranger - ah, Steph, when will you realize that as much as Joe seems like the right kind of guy that it's Ranger that is the total package? And he seems to be making progress in the relationship arena - I think he'd like Stephanie to make a decision. So, yes, I liked this - but did I love it? Sadly, no - the characters just aren't moving or growing - JE needs to get a story arc in mind, a definitive end in sight. I mean, it's not like there's not other irons in the fire. Let's let Plum get her life together and do something with it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Sunday, February 07, 2016
Adding to the Mystery/Thriller VBB

Journal Entry 3 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, May 09, 2018
Removing from the Mystery/ Thriller VBB

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, June 27, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (6/27/2020 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending as RABCK - please enjoy or release! All I ask is that you please journal along the way...

Coming your way in 2 boxes (sorry I did not have a box to fit these)

Journal Entry 5 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Thursday, July 02, 2020
Received from Bkind2books. Thanks so much!

I started reading the first book in the series and lost interest, so I have decided to release this book out for someone else.

Released 3 wks ago (7/16/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #67261 - 1089 Bannock St. in Denver, Colorado USA

Released at the Little Free Library on Bannock St. in between 10th and 11th Aves. Please enjoy!