A New Song

by Jan Karon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by alrescate of Strafford, Missouri USA on 1/23/2004
Journal Entry 1 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Friday, January 23, 2004
This is the fifth novel in the Mitford series. I really enjoyed this series. I got caught up in the lives of the characters and always looked forward to the next installment in the series. None of the books in this series will win a Noble Prize but I still like them.

From the back:
Recently retired after years of serving as the rector of Lord's Chapel, Father Tim agrees to pastor a small parish off the Atlantic coast. There's only one problem: How can he and Cynthhia leave the town-and the boy-they love? Soon, however, the charming island of Whitecap reveals its own cast of unforgettable characters: a lovelorn bachelor trying his hand at personal ads, a church organist with a past, a gifted musician who never ventures beyond his gate, and a young mother struggling with paralyzing depression. Still, Mitford is never far from their minds-especially when Dooley ends up on the wrong side of the law.

Journal Entry 2 by alrescate from Strafford, Missouri USA on Monday, February 02, 2004
On the way to Sweden!

Journal Entry 3 by Silverstone from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Tuesday, April 20, 2004
It too arrived with the others, thank you so much Alrescate!!
I need to read 'Out to Caanan' (it has been sitting in my bookshelf for ever waiting for me to read it...) first, then I'm looking forward to this one....