J. K. Rowling: The Wizard Behind Harry Potter

by Marc Shapiro | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 031232586X Global Overview for this book
Registered by ResQgeek of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 9/5/2014
Journal Entry 1 by ResQgeek from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Friday, September 05, 2014
Registered in memory of my daughter, who was tragically killed on 30 August 2010. My daughter was a big fan of the Harry Potter saga, and probably would have enjoyed this biography of Harry's creator.

Becky's love lives in you! Live her love by sharing Becky's hugs! Visit the Becky's Hugs page at Facebook.

Journal Entry 2 by ResQgeek at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015
From what little I have seen and read, my impression of Ms. Rowling has been that she is a private person who does not inhabit her fame and celebrity comfortably. I understood her to be a person of modest tastes who does not seek out attention. Nothing in this brief biography changes any of those impressions. Written for younger readers, this biography is a sympathetic look at Ms. Rowling’s life, and her efforts to both create the Harry Potter stories, and maintain control over her creation, while also maintaining as private a lifestyle as she possibly can. As portrayed here, she comes across as an extremely likeable person, who just wants to indulge her passion for writing, and is a bit overwhelmed by the success her books have found.

Because this book was written before she had written the final two Harry Potter books, and just after the second movie was released, there is now much more to Ms. Rowling’s story than is presented here. It would be interesting to see where her creation has taken her since this book was written.

Fans of Harry Potter will appreciate this glimpse into the personality of his creator, as well as the story of how Harry came to be. And I suspect that many readers of this book will find themselves wishing they could have the opportunity to sit and chat with Ms. Rowling over a cup of tea.

Journal Entry 3 by ResQgeek at Little Free Library #29843 - Elmwood Dr. in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 06, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/6/2016 UTC) at Little Free Library #29843 - Elmwood Dr. in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Becky would have celebrated her 15th birthday next weekend, so this book, about the author of one of her favorite series, is being released as a memorial to her short life and loving legacy!

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!