How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines

Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Bellingham, Washington USA on 9/3/2014
Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 3, 2014
A lively and entertaining introduction to the art of reading literature demonstrates how to make everyday reading more rewarding by helping readers understand the symbols, themes, narrative devices and forms, and contexts of literary works.

Journal Entry 2 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Friday, October 9, 2015
This book has been donated to the nonfiction vbb organized by booklady331.

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, January 31, 2016
The nonfiction VBB organized by booklady331 has run its course. This book is made available again.

Journal Entry 4 by tabby-cat-owner at Bellingham, Washington USA on Saturday, April 6, 2024
The author who wrote this book was certainly a fount of knowledge, and I am convinced that he was, most assuredly, a good college professor of English. That being said, this book was not a success for me as a reader in that by the end of the book, I was rather disgusted with the academic attitude toward great literature. I understand more fully now why I like to read nonfiction. I am glad that I did not major in English (Literature) in college (university), because I would not have enjoyed it and probably would not have been successful at it. So much analysis is certainly very wearying, then there was the chapter on irony that makes nonsense of anything previously discussed.

Journal Entry 5 by tabby-cat-owner at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 11, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/12/2024 UTC) at by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This book has been put into the Bookish Bookbox (in memory of MaryZee). It is traveling to haahaahaa98 of Massachusetts.

Journal Entry 6 by winghaahaahaa98wing at Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, April 18, 2024
Read this years ago, extremely insightful and enjoyable.

Journal Entry 7 by winghaahaahaa98wing at Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Friday, April 19, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (4/19/2024 UTC) at Watertown, Massachusetts USA

Given to someone who had been looking for this book for a long time! Thank you!