The Passion

by Jeanette Winterson | Other | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on 2/19/2005
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Saturday, February 19, 2005
ANNOTATION
The Passion is a modern classic that confirms Jeanette Winterson's special claim on the novel. Set during the tumultuous years of the Napoleonic Wars, The Passion intertwines the destinies of two remarkable people: Henri, a simple French soldier, who follows Napoleon from glory to Russian ruin; and Villanelle, the red-haired, web-footed daughter of a Venetian boatman, whose husband has gambled away her heart. In Venice's compound of carnival, chance, and darkness, the pairi meet their singular destiny.
FROM THE PUBLISHER
A magical, wonderful novel about the destinies of Napoleon's faithful cook and the daughter of a Venetian boatman. You will not soon forget this reading experience.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, August 30, 2006
The writing was good, but I honestly have to say the story really didn't capture me. I so wanted to like this book, too. But I am sure there is a reader who will adore it out there. May the fates of BookCrossing bring the right reader to this book!

Released 12 yrs ago (9/9/2006 UTC) at Muddy Waters Coffee Bar 1739 Maybank Hwy at Folly in Charleston, South Carolina USA

Bringing with me to today's meetup at Muddy Waters. See you there!