Speak

by Laurie Halse Anderson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by FeistyPom2Love of San Ramon, California USA on 8/30/2014
Journal Entry 1 by FeistyPom2Love from San Ramon, California USA on Saturday, August 30, 2014
Amazon Editorial Review:

"Melinda Sordino, a student with good grades and great friends, has made some mistakes. At the end of a summer party she calls the cops, yet when they arrive she doesn't tell them anything. Back at school the next year, her friends won't speak to her, and people she doesn't even know hate her as the fink who wrecked everybody's party, and her grades start dropping. Her relationship with her parents deteriorates quickly. She becomes sullen, and withdrawn. However this picture is not the whole story. Her parents know something is wrong but cannot get her to open up. Her only hope is her art teacher; he realizes something is very wrong and through the assignments he gives her tries to draw her out. This is a story of a girl who is abused, and who doesn't know how to talk about it, but in keeping it inside she is self -destructing. Can Melinda find her voice and speak of her sorrow, or will her silence destroy her?"

Journal Entry 2 by FeistyPom2Love at San Ramon, California USA on Tuesday, September 09, 2014
I enjoyed reading this young adult novel. I had originally chose it to read during Banned Books Week this year, but ended up reading it a few weeks early. Speak is well written and a good story... Even if it is a bit depressing due to the topic of rape and ptsd.

I also posted a longer post about Speak on my book blog, Captivated Reader. See the following link: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/09/speak-by-laurie-halse-anderson.html

Journal Entry 3 by FeistyPom2Love at Bellevue, Washington USA on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (9/13/2014 UTC) at Bellevue, Washington USA

Releasing this book as a wishlist book for HGG 2014 RABCK! Happy reading!! I hope you enjoy the other goodies I've included!!

Journal Entry 4 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Thanks you so much for the 2014 HGG RABCK! The book, teas, chocolates, tea ball, and coffee were a great surprise and made my day!