LIZA OF LAMBETH

by W. Somerset Maugham | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNakipawing of Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on 8/25/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingNakipawing from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, August 25, 2014
From amazon.com:

"Maugham completed the writing of LIZA OF LAMBETH during his final year of medical school. The publication of this novel brought him enough money and notoriety that he decided to abandon thoughts of a career as a doctor (he qualified but never practiced) and instead make his way as a full-time writer. The novel itself is the story of a young girl, Liza, living in the Lambeth slums of London. The details of the novel are rich and evocative, much of the material inspired by the people and events Maugham encountered while he was a medical student practicing mid-wifery in the same area"

Journal Entry 2 by wingNakipawing at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Friday, September 11, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (9/10/2020 UTC) at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal

This book was passed on to Maria-Nunes. It was a pleasure to meet you, ApoloniaX and conto. I hope we meet again soon.

Journal Entry 3 by Maria-Nunes at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, September 15, 2020
I really like W.S. Maugham and I am very curious about this book as it was his first published novel.
Thank You, Nakipa!

Journal Entry 4 by Maria-Nunes at Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Sunday, November 15, 2020
I really liked reading this little book.