Some Tame Gazelle

by Barbara Pym | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingMissMarkeywing of Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 8/24/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingMissMarkeywing from Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 24, 2014
This book is reserved for a book ring for attendees of the Oxford Convention. Our first author talk will be from Clemence Schultz of The Barbara Pym Society. The talk is entitled Barbara Pym : An Unashamed Reader Of Novels.
Bookring Order:-
1. Fifna.......read
2. ReetPetite...here
3. Billbooks

Journal Entry 2 by wingFifnawing at Voorburg, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Arrived safely, thanks MissMarkey! It will be my next book after my current read.

Journal Entry 3 by wingFifnawing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 29, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (12/29/2014 UTC) at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

On its way to ReetPetite.

Journal Entry 4 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 03, 2015
Thanks Fifna. Happy New Year. Liked the postcard.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Together yet alone, the Misses Bede occupy the central crossroads of parish life. Harriet, plump, elegant and jolly, likes nothing better than to make a fuss of new curates, secure in the knowledge that elderly Italian Count Ricardo Bianco will propose to her yet again this year. Belinda, meanwhile has harboured sober feelings of devotion towards Archdeacon Hochleve for thirty years.
Then into their quiet, comfortable lives comes a famous librarian, Nathaniel Mold, and a bishop from Africa, Theodore Grote - who each take to calling on the sisters for rather more unsettling reasons.

Very much like a Jane Austen novel where nothing much happens apart from social events & marriage proposals.
Very enjoyable. Thanks MissMarkey.
Have PMed Billbooks

Journal Entry 6 by wingBillbookswing at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Friday, January 30, 2015
Safely arrived. This was going to be my Oxford read but unfortunately want be able to attend so I shall enjoy the book and be there in spirit.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBillbookswing at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 26, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (6/26/2016 UTC) at Queen Street Rescue in Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

Being released as part of the downsizing chore that is hitting our household. My mountain range of books has to be trimmed down to a manageable peak

Journal Entry 8 by wingmeganhwing at Thornbury, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Taken away from Sunday's meetup. Had to have this book when I saw my friend MissMarkey had registered it and also after listening to the Barbara Pym Society talk at the Oxford Convention.