Inferno: A Novel

by Dan Brown | Audiobooks |
Registered by indygo88 of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 8/22/2014
Journal Entry 1 by indygo88 from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, August 22, 2014
"In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces . . . Dante’s Inferno.

Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante’s dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust . . . before the world is irrevocably altered."

Acquired via PaperBackSwap. (Unabridged on 14 CD's; read by Paul Michael)

Journal Entry 2 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, August 22, 2014
A lot of people have given up on Dan Brown, but I still, for the most part, enjoy his Robert Langdon novels. Yes, they're overly dramatic & somewhat unrealistic, but they're a fun ride too. I was rather disappointed in his last one, The Lost Symbol (when compared with his others), but this one restored my faith a little. In this one, Robert Langdon awakes in a hospital with short term amnesia, wondering how he ended up in Florence, Italy. His adventure begins as he follows clues to reconstruct why he's in Florence to begin with, and from there, he continues on a quest to discover the hiding place of a supposed deadly virus that's been secretly hidden by a madman, scheduled to be "released" within a matter of 48 hours. As the title suggests, there are lots of references to Dante's "Inferno". And this book does get the reader thinking about the future of our world in regards to overpopulation. But my favorite thing about Dan Brown's novels are his attention to historic & geographical detail. After reading each one of his Langdon novels, I immediately want to go Google all the specific architectural sites & find out more. Overall, I enjoyed this one, although I felt the ending was a little weak.

Journal Entry 3 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, August 22, 2014
Reserved for booklady331's audio VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Friday, September 05, 2014
Sending off to rebekkila, who chose this from the VBB.

Journal Entry 5 by rebekkila at Lansing, Michigan USA on Wednesday, September 10, 2014
This arrived in the mail today.

Journal Entry 6 by rebekkila at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, May 05, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (5/3/2016 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

I sent this out as part of the virtual audio bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, May 15, 2016
Thank you for sharing this book!