We're Just Like You, Only Prettier: Confessions of a Tarnished Southern Belle

by Celia Rivenbark | Humor |
ISBN: 031231244x Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 8/11/2014
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, August 11, 2014
Book Description:

Why couldn't the Sopranos survive living down South? Simple. You can't shoot a guy full of holes after eating chicken and pastry, spoon bread, okra, and tomatoes.

What does a Southern woman consider grounds for divorce? When daddy takes the kids out in public dressed in their pajama tops and Tweety Bird swim socks. Again.

What is the Southern woman's opinion of a new "fat virus" theory? Bring it on! We've got a lot of skinny friends we need to sneeze on.

In this wickedly funny follow-up to her bestselling novel Bless Your Heart, Tramp, Celia Rivenbark welcomes you, once again, to the South she loves, the land of "Mama and them," "precious and dahlin'," and mommies who mow. Y'all come back now, you hear?

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 04, 2014
My Review: This book is hilarious! I'm not sure if it's because I was born and raised in the South, but so many of these stories seem silly, but I know there is a lot of truth to it. Books where you actually laugh out loud are priceless

Saved for a friend.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (9/28/2014 UTC) at Woodstock, Georgia USA