The International Bank of Bob: Connecting Our Worlds One $25 Kiva Loan at a Time

by Bob Harris | Other |
ISBN: 1620405229 Global Overview for this book
Registered by ankaca of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 8/10/2014
Journal Entry 1 by ankaca from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, August 10, 2014
Hired by ForbesTraveler.com to review some of the most luxurious accommodations on Earth, and then inspired by a chance encounter in Dubai with the impoverished workers whose backbreaking jobs create such opulence, Bob Harris had an epiphany: He would turn his own good fortune into an effort to make lives like theirs better. Bob found his way to Kiva.org, the leading portal through which individuals make microloans all over the world: for as little as $25-50, businesses are financed and people are uplifted. Astonishingly, the repayment rate was nearly 99%, so he re-loaned the money to others over and over again.

After making hundreds of microloans online, Bob wanted to see the results first-hand, and in The International Bank of Bob he travels from Peru and Bosnia to Rwanda and Cambodia, introducing us to some of the most inspiring and enterprising people we've ever met, while illuminating day-to-day life-political and emotional-in much of the world that Americans never see. Told with humor and compassion, The International Bank of Bob brings the world to our doorstep, and makes clear that each of us can, actually, make it better.

Journal Entry 2 by ankaca at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (8/8/2014 UTC) at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

This is a book that deserves a good travel around the world. Inspiring and nice reading. Controlled release to my sister Sotnot.

Journal Entry 3 by sotnot at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Monday, August 25, 2014
Entertaining, informative and inspiring! :)

Journal Entry 4 by sotnot at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Friday, August 29, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (8/29/2014 UTC) at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

The plan is to send the book on to someone that has it on their wishlist, but since I'm just moving away from Trondheim and had a bit too much luggage to bring with me on the flight, my sister, ankaca, and me agreed that I'll give the book back to her and she will send it forward. Enjoy the book whoever you are. I sure did. :)