corner corner Tailchaser´s Song

Tailchaser´s Song
by Tad Williams | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by PrincessRainbow of Zirl, Tirol Austria on 8/3/2014

status (set by earthcaroleanne): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by PrincessRainbow from Zirl, Tirol Austria on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Trouble has cast its shadow over the whole cat community, as cats have begun vanishing mysteriously, never to be seen or heard of again. As fear and anger spread, brave young tomcat Fritti Tailchaser tries to rouse the feline clan to action. But when his own catfriend Hushpad, she of the silky fur and long whiskers, disappears, Fritti can wait no longer. Along with an eccentric, grizzled old tomcat named Eatbugs and the over-energetic kitten Pouncequick, Fritti abandons his home territory and sets out to rescue Hushpad - a dangerous, magical mission that will take him from Firsthome and the court of the Cat Queen to an underground citadel of horror beyond his wildest catmares.

I´ve read the book in German and liked it very much.

I want to send the book as RAY. Participants:
1) weeder (USA)
2) Flutterbies9 (UK) - can send within EU
3) ...

Journal Entry 2 by PrincessRainbow at Zirl, Tirol Austria on Friday, May 12, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (5/12/2017 UTC) at Zirl, Tirol Austria

The book is on the way to weeder (USA - Ohio).

Journal Entry 3 by wingweederwing at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The book arrived today in perfect condition. Thank you for including the bookmark and beautiful postcard of the little grey kitty. I'll send them along to Flutterbies when I mail the book.

Journal Entry 4 by wingweederwing at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I would call this book a fantasy/quest. It's not a genre I'd generally choose but after I got past the first fifty pages or so my interest picked up and I looked forward to seeing how everything worked out. If you enjoy fantasy/quest you'll probably enjoy this book. I'll be mailing the book to Flutterbies9 in the UK.

Journal Entry 5 by wingweederwing at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Released 11 mos ago (10/25/2017 UTC) at Worthington, Ohio USA

Book mailed 10-25-17 to Flutterbies9 in the UK.

Journal Entry 6 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Wow. This has reached me far more quickly than I would have thought from the date of posting! Impressed.

Many thanks for getting this on its way and though it will have to be on tbr until I finish my Book Club book, I will get on to it soon.

Journal Entry 7 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, December 04, 2017

Well, I've read this now and what a lovely change of pace for me at just the right time. This is a charming fantasy tale of cats and though my own ginger girl (currently curled up purring on my lap whilst I write this!) is not impressed by the inventiveness of the author - I am.

I had never heard of Tad Williams and this series before but hopefully I'll be able to get hold of some more in this series. From this book, I could already hazard an educated guess as to what happens next to a few of the characters, though not how it developed from there.

A fun easy read book with a plethora of inventive additions (I particularly like fla-fa`as and rikchikchik, and the names of the cat characters) and I also liked the way that observations of cat behaviour were made into a full cat world history and societal structure. The story itself was also a fairly inventive structure on "main character meets companions, go on journey, have adventures on the way, danger and trouble to overcome and ending with enough pointers to further book in series". I enjoyed this book.

There are no further people in this ray and I intend to send this book on as a very pleasant diversion to another Bookcrossing possible reader. I have left the postcard and the bookmark in the book. Off to feed my two now as there seems to be a wailing from near their food bowls!

Journal Entry 8 by Flutterbies9 at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, January 15, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (1/15/2018 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent to another cat lover who may enjoy this tail (sic), tho it may be a while before it can be registered due to family illness.

Happy travels little book.

Journal Entry 9 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Well, 11:30am this arrived earlier than my usual post, delivered by postie Dave with a ‘Happy New Year’ greeting. 'Not seen you in ages,' he said... and neither he has! He usually arrives between 12:30 and 2pm at the latest.

OK so I was confused, a very typical style Flutterbies9 postage label on a North American type stiff ochre envelope, with a card (confusingly dated May 2017) from Princess Rainbow who I knew lives in Europe. However, there were some tiny British chocolate bars included. Hold on a minute, I'm thinking, I didn't sign up for this book-ray and anyway who did it come from? I'll add that I didn't hesitate to open and devour one of the wee chocolate bars, while I was pondering over what I initially assumed 'mistaken' post! GRIN

And now all is clear, this is a RABCK from the wonderful Flutterbies9, a sister BookCrosser who is familiar with my love of cats and chocolate! Nom, nom, nom...

Journal Entry 10 by rainbow3 at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (4/10/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

OK so as teenager Watership Down was a book I never broached thinking the sadness’s and traumas of it sounded so distressing. TAILCHASER’S SONG appears to operate in the same vein, I’ve skipped through this but don’t really feel up for the mythic nature and harrowing elements of this at the moment much as I love the cat theme and the exquisite nature of the descriptions cats in this their own cat universe. So this travelling book can be discovered by other readers and BookCrosser’s local and visiting I am releasing it onto an Official BookCrossing Zone (OBCZ) in Edinburgh here at the Fimhouse Café, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ.

In finishing I have to say how thrilled I am to now have a book from another ‘BookCrossing rainbow’ on my bookshelf – so here I take a moment to wave greetings to PrincessRainbow, in Austria!
---------------------

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME!

Feel free to keep this book it is yours to do with as you wish, read it, share it, keep it, or pass it on to keep it travelling. I hope you will enjoy this book and make a little journal entry! You can leave notes anonymously. Check out BookCrossing - it's a fun community of readers! If you do join BookCrossing quoting – PrincessRainbow – as your referrer would be very gratifying. Thank you and HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 11 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, June 15, 2018

Picked up at the Filmhouse OBCZ