Dead Man in Tangier

by Michael Pearce | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 156947611X Global Overview for this book
Registered by ealasaidmae of New Orleans, Louisiana USA on 8/2/2014
Journal Entry 1 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Saturday, August 02, 2014
from the cover:

"Pig-sticking is a dangerous sport. Mainly for the pigs of course, but sometimes the huntsman too, like the unfortunate Monsieur Bossu, an important member of Tangier's foreign community, for whom pig-sticking is a popular recreation. One day, while pursuing that recreation, Monsieur Bossu gets stuck himself.

Something for the local police? Well, yes and no. In the Tangier of 1912 sometimes the police are present...and sometimes not. And who exactly are they answerable to? The new international committee to which, as it happens, Monsieur Bossu was clerk? The chairman is the British Consul, who is naturally above suspicion. But no one else is, so it is decided to bring in an external investigator, Seymour of Scotland Yard, a man who can be safely disowned if things go wrong.

And things inevitably do go wrong in Tangier. This is a country caught between the ancient and the modern, where tradition can be harsh, especially for women, and the future takes the crushing form of a military boot. Soon Seymour realizes that the nearer he comes to the truth of Monsieur Bossu's demise, the more he will be in danger of getting stuck too..."

Journal Entry 2 by ealasaidmae at New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Sunday, August 24, 2014
My favorite so far! I enjoyed Mustapha and Idris especially. I'm sorry I won't be seeing them again.

Journal Entry 3 by ealasaidmae at NORTA - Bus in New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Sunday, January 12, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (1/12/2020 UTC) at NORTA - Bus in New Orleans, Louisiana USA

N Broad and Bienville

Welcome to Bookcrossing! I've registered this book here so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please leave a quick journal entry so I know it's safe with you, then read and enjoy! When you're through, pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!

Thank You!