Mary Poppins in the Park

Look! A wild book!
by P.L. Travers | Children's Books |
Registered by megami-no-ushi of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 11/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by megami-no-ushi from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 14, 2015
I found this in a thrift store this summer out in the Okanagan so I thought I'd better get it for bookcrossing! This book shows it's age with some casual racism in a couple of places which was more than a bit jarring to a modern reader. I was also interested to see the slight changes between the characterization of Mary between book and movie - the movie softens her self-importance a bit.

To the finder:
Welcome to bookcrossing! You have "caught" what we call a "travelling book." It is now your book to keep or to read and pass on to another reader and follow where the book goes. This is done by journal entries, so I really hope you'll journal it, if only to tell me you found it. You can do this anonymously, or sign up (free and private, no spam) and also be able to follow the book as it travels! If you do, please consider listing me, megami-no-ushi as your referring member.

Journal Entry 2 by megami-no-ushi at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 14, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (11/14/2015 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the November meet up for the "practically perfect in every way" theme. It rather does embody it entirely does it not?

To the finder:

Journal Entry 3 by claws-12 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, December 4, 2015
I'd forgotten how much Walt Disney liked to whitewash the stories he turned into movies.

Never realized what an conceited arrogant cold tyrant Mary Poppins was actually written as. Thanks, PL Travers and Walt, for ruining yet another childhood memory.

Journal Entry 4 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Picked up at February's meeting. We had 11 BookCrossers attend and WAY too many books! This is being added to my TBR pile but will likely be there awhile as I came home with triple the number of books I brought.

Journal Entry 5 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 8, 2017
Taking this one back to the group, haven't read it but it has been sitting on my shelf too long...

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 8, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (4/8/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this April's meeting where it will find it's next reader.

Journal Entry 7 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, April 10, 2017
Picked up at get together

Journal Entry 8 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2019
I had never read any of the books. I grew up with the vague notion that there were books, but they were never a part of my life. So I found it interesting to actually read one. It was a neat collection of stories - I think I liked the one where they had to get the carriage fixed the best.

Thanks for the interesting read.

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (4/13/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, April 15, 2019
I picked this up at the April meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 11, 2019
Picked this up as a quick read that would be easy on my brain when I returned from holidays. I'm surprised they didn't pick up some of these story ideas for The Return of Mary Poppins. Fun read.

Journal Entry 12 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (7/13/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this book to the July meet up at Cravings.

Journal Entry 13 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, July 14, 2019
Returned to me.

Released 3 mos ago (3/31/2021 UTC) at 1 of the Lil Lib.s NW ( Happy Hunting! ) in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Going for a walk and dropping books in every LFL I pass!