Spooky Little Girl: A Novel

by Laurie Notaro | Women's Fiction |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/25/2014
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 25, 2014
Book Description:

Death is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Coming home from a Hawaiian vacation with her best girlfriends, Lucy Fisher is stunned to find everything she owns tossed out on her front lawn, the locks changed, and her fiancee's phone disconnected - plus she's just lost her job. With her world spinning wildly out of her control, Lucy decides to make a new start and moves upstate to live with her sister and nephew.

But then things take an even more dramatic turn: A fatal encounter with public transportation lands Lucy not in the hereafter but in the nearly hereafter. She's back in school, learning the parameters of spooking and how to become a successful spirit in order to complete a ghostly assignment. If Lucy succeeds, she's guaranteed a spot in the next level of the afterlife - but until then, she's stuck as a ghost in the last place she would ever want to be.

Trying to avoid being trapped on earth for all eternity, Lucy crosses the line between life and death and back again when she returns home. Navigating the perilous channels of the paranormal, she's determined to find out why her life crumbled and why, despite her ghastly death, no one seems to have noticed she's gone. But urgency on the spectral plane - in the departed person of her feisty grandmother, who is risking both their eternal lives - requires attention, and Lucy realizes that you get only one chance to be spectacular in death.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
My Review: This book started out a bit slow for me, but it improved quickly. I have different beliefs about what happens to your soul when you die, so I had to read it as pure fiction more than anything. The antics of Lucy as a ghost are really funny.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015
This is starting out in Round #13 of the Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Monday, June 15, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (6/16/2015 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent to Waterfalling from Bookstogive's General Literature VBB. Enjoy!

Tracking #9549011075545173324302

Journal Entry 5 by wingwaterfallingwing at Rockledge, Florida USA on Friday, June 26, 2015
Arrived in today's mail. Thanks for making this available.

Journal Entry 6 by wingwaterfallingwing at Rockledge, Florida USA on Sunday, June 05, 2016
Quick and easy read for me. Her fiction is just as quirky as her memoirs.

Journal Entry 7 by wingwaterfallingwing at Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (6/30/2016 UTC) at Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Sent on to someone to had this on her wish list.

Journal Entry 8 by book_drunkard at Osgood, Indiana USA on Tuesday, July 05, 2016
Received today.
Thank you so much for thinking of me.
I'm looking forward to reading this soon.