Drop Dead Chocolate: A Donut Shop Mystery (Donut Shop Mysteries)

by Jessica Beck | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/25/2014
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 25, 2014
Book #7 in the Donut Shop Mystery series: The whole town of April Springs is stirring over the upcoming mayoral election. Suzanne Hart's mother, for one, is dead-set on replacing the current mayor.and what better way for Momma to drum up support than by luring in voters with Suzanne's drop-dead-delicious donuts? Just add chocolate, and they're sure to kill the competition.

With Momma's half-baked campaign heating up faster than a donut shop deep fryer, Suzanne wonders if they've bitten off more than they can chew. But when Momma's opponent is brutally murdered, the odds of winning are suddenly, and suspiciously, in their favor. Sure, they'd been planning to beat the mayor - but with speeches and donuts, not a blunt instrument. If Suzanne hopes to reveal the killer's recipe for revenge, she'll have to uncover a plot that's darker than any chocolate.

My Review: This was another great book in this series. I like Suzanne's relationships with her mom, her friend Grace and her boyfriend. When her mom's opponent for Mayor is murdered it looks like her mom has a motive and Suzanne needs to find out who really murdered the Mayor.

I read this in October 2013, but finally got around to registering it!

Released 6 yrs ago (8/6/2014 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sent to DVG with her Bio/Humor VBB choices. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Flanders, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Arrived safely in NJ! Thank you JennyC1230!! What a delicious surprise to discover this title in the box you sent me. Smiling, I love this mystery series and will be diving in shortly! Perhaps with java and a jelly. =) Happy dance! =)

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Deal, New Jersey USA on Thursday, April 14, 2016
I really enjoyed this one! Just as good as the previous installments and it took a new twist with Suzanne's Mom, the Mayor and a few others. I hate to give away plot since these are a fast read but its good mystery with good characters. Enjoy future readers!

Journal Entry 5 by dvg at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (4/20/2016 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This fun little mystery is now traveling with its two companions to Stephario, who had them on her wishlist. I know you will enjoy them.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!