Diary of a Mad Bride

by Laura Wolf | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 7/24/2014
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, July 24, 2014
From the description, I think this book could fall into two categories: [women's] fiction and humor. I picked Women's Fiction based solely on the title.

Back Cover Description: A savvy, riotously funny novel, Diary of a Mad Bride is for anyone who has ever been a bride, is about to become a bride, yearned to be a bride, or suffered the sheer indignity of appearing in public in the world's ugliest bridesmaid dress...

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Bio|Humor, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 25, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (7/28/2014 UTC) at Bio|Humor, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

This funny novel is now traveling to JennyC1230 host of the Bio|Humor VBB where it will find a new reader to enjoy its contents.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, August 06, 2014
Caught for my: Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor Bookbox.

Book Description: Once I was a sane, levelheaded professional woman. Then I said “yes.” Now I am the lunatic bride I always made fun of!

What is it about getting married that turns normal people into total freaks?

A savvy, riotously funny novel, Diary of a Mad Bride is for anyone who has ever been a bride, is about to become a bride, yearned to be a bride, or suffered the sheer indignity of appearing in public in the world's ugliest bridesmaid dress....

My wedding was starting in less than twenty minutes, and I was stuck in a 7-Eleven parking lot with popcorn kernels wedged in my gums and vanilla ice cream melting on my dress. It was a disaster too large to comprehend. After an agonizing year spent planning my wedding, could it really end like this? The voices chronicling a year of wedding hysteria swirled in my head....

— My grandmother upon viewing my engagement ring:

“What do you mean he gave you an emerald! Diamonds are eternal, emeralds say, maybe five years.”

— My future father-in-law on the night of my engagement party:

“To a happy marriage and, if necessary, a painless divorce!”

— My best friend, Anita:

“Oh, screw congratulations. Of course I'm happy for you. Stephen's a major piece of ass and he's got a sense of humor. Just as long as you're certain this is what you want.”

Would I survive this day after all....?

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, October 07, 2015
This book wasn't chosen in Round #7 of the Virtual Biography/Auto-Biography/Humor Bookbox so it's available.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, May 26, 2016
Putting into the 16th round of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 11, 2017
This book hasn't been chosen in a couple of rounds, so I'm taking it out of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (1/17/2017 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left on the bookshelf when picking up some Chinatown Chicken Salad for lunch. Lumbermoose, RCOUFan, and I love it! Enjoy the book!