corner corner Death of a Charming Man (Hamish Macbeth)

Death of a Charming Man (Hamish Macbeth)
by M.C. Beaton | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 7/17/2014

status (set by HerbertLooby): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

This copy bought from a charity shop especially for Bookcrossing

From fantasticfiction.co.uk
Enjoying his new fiancee and a lull in his Scottish village's crime rate, police sergeant Hamish Macbeth is upset when his future bride urges him to find a better job, and rivalry over a local heartthrob results in murder.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (9/17/2015 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into Plum-crazy's Cosy Mystery Book Box.

Journal Entry 3 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, September 24, 2015

I know this is getting repetitive but you've done it again yorkshire lass! Another one I'm removing from the bookbox but this time I'm replacing it with another M C Beaton one.

Journal Entry 4 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Well, I started this on the long train journey from Scotland to Somerset (after finishing another one on the way) and finished it when I returned home.

Yet another in the Hamish Macbeth series and an unusually more cerebral one at that! I've read some before this in the series and some after but each of these can usually stand on its own anyway. However, I was glad to have read this one and learned what had occurred with Priscilla and Hamish and it also filled in the 'why he was demoted' query that had come up in a later book in the series.

This is an easily read story and in the genre of cosy murder/mystery - no gore but a mystery to solve and few clues to help in this case. Enjoyed this and it helped to pass part of the journey where it was already dark outside. I have no plans for this at present but will keep an eye out for a venue for its onward journey.

Journal Entry 5 by wingFlutterbies9wing at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (5/3/2017 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Released to the easy reads bookbox.

Time that this book moved on, so happy travels little book!

Journal Entry 6 by HerbertLooby at Lisvane Little Free Library in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Released 5 mos ago (6/21/2017 UTC) at Lisvane Little Free Library in Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

It's your lucky day because you found a travelling book- congratulations!

If you found this book, great! and thanks for coming to the site to journal it. I hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do and this book adds to the fun :-)