People of the Book

by Geraldine Brooks | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 067001821x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 7/14/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, July 14, 2014
This book was donated to BookCrossing by my friend from Cabin John, Maryland.

Thank you so much!

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by merope33 at Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Picked up at the Twinbrook LFL earlier today.

This is an interesting historical fiction novel about a real manuscript, the Sarajevo Haggadah. Although some aspects of the codex's history are true, the characters and much of the plot are invented by the author. It's a little bit of history mixed in with a little bit of detective lit, presented against a backdrop of European history from medieval times through the Inquisition and Nazi Germany and to the present day. You aren't too far into it when you realize you aren't just reading about the remarkable history of a beautiful piece of art. You are really reading about the history of a remarkable people and their survival in the face of persecution and ignorance.

Journal Entry 5 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, October 26, 2014
Caught!

Thanks for returning this book. I'll be saving it to go out in Round #2 when the bookshelf is thinned out a bit.

Going out for Round #2...

-----------------------------

I'm releasing this book for...

***The 2018 Clean Start Release Challenge hosted by BOOKWORMINUSALL for zbird. The book's title contains the words OF and OK.
The author's name contains the words ERA and OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!