Reservation Blues

Little Free Library E17
by Sherman Alexie | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on 9/27/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 27, 2015
Bought in Oxfam, Walthamstow High Street, one of my wish list books!

Only Big Mom can help when you've made a deal with the Devil. Robert Johnson, legendary blues man, arrives at the Spokane Reservation looking for relief. Thomas Builds-the-Fire shows him the way and fins himself owner of the great man's guitar. So, with Victor Joseph, Junior Polatkin and Chess and Checkers Warm Water, he hits the road, taking their four-and-a-half-chord rock and blues band to reservation bars, small town taverns and the urban landscapes of Seattle and Manhattan.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, May 2, 2022
I love the bittersweet humour, historical and musical references and the pagan mysticism.

Released 1 mo ago (5/16/2022 UTC) at 'Hello, here's a book!' sweepstake, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A wishlist book going to one of the winners in the 'Hello, here's a book!' sweepstake

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 29th-31st July 2022

Journal Entry 4 by wingpam99wing at Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Ooh! I’m either the winner or the decoy for this sweep - I need to hurry up and finish reading the book I’m sending… thank you so much, look forward to reading this one!

Journal Entry 5 by wingpam99wing at Isle of Cumbrae, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 2, 2022
A weird and wonderful story - never quite knew where it was going next. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by wingpam99wing at Nelson Mandela Square in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 2, 2022

Released 2 days ago (7/2/2022 11:00 AM UTC) at Nelson Mandela Square in Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing! This is a friendly online community of book-lovers who want to share books and promote literacy around the world. Please leave a comment to say where you found the book and if you read it, what you thought of it. If you choose to join the site, you can follow the book as it travels on and finds more readers!

When you've read the book, it's yours to do with as you please - you can keep it, pass it on to friends or family, or "wild release" it again to find new readers!