The Piano Teacher

Little Free Library E17
by Janice Y. K. Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on 9/23/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 23, 2015
Bought in Oxfam, High Street Walthamstow.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, March 01, 2018
It took me a while to get into this book as I didn’t really like the main characters. However they grew on me and I found the descriptions of the invasion of Hong Kong by the Japanese and the events afterwards brought the book to life for me albeit in a shocking way.

Released 1 yr ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Oppem's Birthday Group, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A wish list book on a slow journey to Canada with birthday gifts.

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, May 18, 2018
Thank you very much for the book and the lovely birthday parcel that arrived well ahead of time. I appreciated every single thing and the cat was interested in everything too. You are spoiling me. 8)

----------------------------
Updated Jun 10, 2018

It was a great read. I think the author captures the city very well. The time period is before my time, but judging from other pop culture depictions of wartime and postwar Hong Kong, I think the author does a good job as well. The characters grow on me too. I like Trudy and Will more than Claire. I have the author's second novel lined up in my TBR.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 06, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/6/2018 UTC) at RABCK Winner, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner of the Music Sweepstakes. I hope you enjoy this one 8)

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookwormesswing at Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Tuesday, August 07, 2018
Thank you, the book arrived yesterday. I can't believe I won the sweeps. :) This seems quite interesting, especially after reading your note.