After the Party

by Lisa Jewell | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 12/12/2014
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 12, 2014
It's eleven years since Jem Catterick and Ralph McLeary first got together. They thought it would be for ever, that they'd found their happy ending. As everyone agreed, they were the perfect couple. Then two became four, a flat became a house. Romantic nights out became sleepless nights in. And they soon found that life wasn't quite so simple any more. But through it all Jem and Ralph still loved each other, of course they did.

Now the unimaginable has happened.

Two people who were so right together are starting to drift apart. And in the chaos of family life, Ralph feels more and more as if he's standing on the sidelines, and Jem that she's losing herself. Something has to change. As they try to find a way back to each other, back to what they once had, they both become momentarily distracted - but maybe it's not too late to recapture happily ever after ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 29, 2017
I read "Ralph's Party", oh it must be knocking on twenty years ago &, like all other books by Jewell that I've read, I loved it. In fact she's one of those authors that I always felt I could rely on for an above average read, which makes me wish I hadn't read this book. There's no way to sugar coat it - I really don't like this "new" Jem & Ralph. From the start they just plain irritated me. I didn't like the any of turns the story took & the end was a cop-out - though I won't spoil it & say what happens!

I'm not going to let this put me off Lisa Jewell (I have "Before I Met You" on my TBR) but I will be wary of re-visiting "old friends" in the future.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at Mental Health charity shop in Stranraer, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 26, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (11/30/2017 UTC) at Mental Health charity shop in Stranraer, Scotland United Kingdom

Released as part of THE NOVEMBER "THE" CHALLENGE (#24)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a travelling book !

You can help us to track this book's travels by taking a moment to make a journal entry - let us know where you found it, what you thought of it or where it's going next - write as much or as little as you like! You can remain anonymous or why not join us? If you decide to join us you will receive an alert every time someone new journals the book, helping you to follow it's travels as it meets new readers.

Enjoy the book!

(If you do decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thank you)