White Fang

by Jack London | Pets & Animals |
Registered by Macaufan of Miami, Florida USA on 6/17/2014
Journal Entry 1 by Macaufan from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 17, 2014
A story of a part wolf, part dog, surviving a hard life in the wild then with human beings. It's a moving tale.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 17, 2014
I don't read a lot of "classics" as there are so many new good titles I feel like why should I go and read old stuff? But I can see how this one is a classic, it's such a good story. Part of it (especially the part of White Fang as a pup) feels like a voice over for a Animal Planet documentary, the author creates such powerful images in my mind. There are moments that I feel tears in my eyes. White Fang had such a harsh life. I felt like I want to give him a hug, though I'd probably be killed before I get my arms around him, ha ha.

I wonder if it's scientifically true that a she-wolf does not recognize her pups once they grow to adulthood and will attack them as strangers? That sounds kind of sad.

I got this to send as a replacement book for the wild things bookbox which unfortunately went wild.

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, July 08, 2014
I did read this classic as a teen, along with Call of the Wild, and possibly one or two other Londons.... that was just a few years ago (lol). I look forward to reading it again :)

Thanks, azuki~

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Woodstock LFL 6210 Rainsborough Circle in Murray, Utah USA on Sunday, April 11, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (4/11/2021 UTC) at Woodstock LFL 6210 Rainsborough Circle in Murray, Utah USA

And I did enjoy reading this again as an adult😊

No, I do not think it is factual that’s a wolf will attack her adult pups, not recognizing them. Many adult pups will stay with a pack, leaving only if and when they decide to establish their own territory and pack. At that point, because individual packs will become aggressive over territorial disputes, it is possible. But not because they’re unrecognized, and generally the disputes are not fatal.

And to the next reader: ENJOY!