The Moons of Jupiter

by Alice Munro | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by -Kata- of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 6/10/2014
Journal Entry 1 by -Kata- from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, June 10, 2014
for RABCK

Journal Entry 2 by -Kata- at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (6/14/2014 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

A wishlist book. Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 3 by Tarna at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Wow, what a wonderful, wonderful surprise! I'm speechless: It's Alice Munro, it's on my wishlist and the book I've wanted to read, oh, so many years. Thanks ever so much, -Kata-!

***
Edited Sept. 19, 2014 that the book was nominated for the 1982 Governor General's Award for Fiction.

Journal Entry 4 by Tarna at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, November 03, 2014
I visited some very good friends in September, spent there a weekend. I hadn't met them in quite a long time, so we decided not to do anything special. So we just relaxed, ate well, watched movies, talked, met some friends and their friends, went shopping and visited a couple of places that were new to me. It was the best of times, all so cozy, comfortable and relaxing.
Reading Alice Munro is like visiting such friends, cozy and comfortable but also bringing something new at the same time. I don't know anyone else who could create such an atmosphere. This book is marvellous, I really loved it. Thank you so much for sharing, -Kata-!

Journal Entry 5 by Tarna at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, November 03, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (11/3/2014 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

The Moons of Jupiter was one of the award-nominated books I put in Palkintokaappi (Finnish Forum Trophy Cabinet VBB) but it didn't stay there long. Annimanni was wise enough to pick it up. And Tarya has kindly promised to take it to her. Thank you, Tarya! Happy reading, Annimanni!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, December 22, 2014
Oops, I got this book a week ago but forgot to journal (I blame the Christmas rush!). Thanks very much!

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 26, 2018
What I most like about Munro is the way she builds her characters. She's very subtle, very sharp and observant, very understated. In each of these stories there was so much emotion, but always bubbling just under the surface, leaking out bit by bit. Very powerful.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (6/30/2018 UTC) at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This book will now travel back to Tampere by way of a courier (thanks, Kipsu!) as I have tagged lukutuoli with it in the wishlist tag game on the Finnish forum. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, August 20, 2018
This book returned to Tampere with the courier Kipsu, thanks a lot Annimanni!