Veronika Decides to Die
ISBN: 0007103468 Global Overview for this book
2 journalers for this copy...
Veronika has everything she could wish for - young and pretty, with plenty of attractive boyfriends, a steady job, a loving family. Yet Veronika is not happy and one winter's morning she takes an overdose of sleeping pills, only to wake up some time later in the local hospital. There she is told that although she is alive, her heart is now irreparably damaged and she has only a few days to live.
This story follows her through these intense days as she starts to question all her ideas about life. Soon she comes to realize that every second of existence is a choice and we all make between living and dying. This is a moving and uplifting song to life, one that reminds us that every moment in our lives is special and precious.
1001 book. Set in Slovenia. Author is Brazilian.
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
Dit boek is losgelaten voor de volgende BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - boeken lezen en loslaten, met bonuspunten voor een maandelijkse thema.
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - lezen en loslaten van TBR boeken die al voor eind 2014 op de plank stonden. Mijn leesdoel is 36 boeken.
- 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die Challenge. Doel 2015: 15 boeken.
This book has been released as part of the following BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - read and release books, with extra points for a monthly theme
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - read and release books on the TBR list since before the end of 2014. My reading goal is 36 books.
- 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die Challenge. 2015 goal: 15.