TAK ROSMOWA ZMIENIA TWOJE ZYCIE

by Theodore Zeldin | Philosophy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 6/5/2014
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 05, 2014
I heard Zeldin talk many years ago, what he said was energising and thought-provoking and it was clear he was walking a fascinatingly different path from many! Though it’s in Polish and I cannot read Polish, I just had to buy it to BookCross it and get others reading it. I may release it in Edinburgh’s Polish OBCZ at KELOFAS in Dalry or it may travel to Aberdeen, meanwhile if anyone wants to PM to swap for it please do. I’m also happy to consider RABCK’ing it!

EDITED: tinyish hic-up with the addition of a book cover pic here. I can only find this one in it's French translation format - hey ho - the drawings are exactly as those in my English translation are so that will do nicely!

TAK ROSMOWA ZMIENIA TWOJE ZYCIE - THEODORE ZELDIN
[CONVERSATION: How Talk Can Change Your Life by THEODORE ZELDIN]
ISBN: 978838221507
Polish edition: Wydawnicto W.A.B., 2001 [Translator: Marcin Sendecki]

From Amazon: Publication Date: 19 Nov 1998
The author argues that conversation is essential to our development as fully civilised human beings. Zeldin wants to change the way people think about themselves and their history and as a result of this change the way they behave towards one another. A source of ideas about what conversation is and has been. Based on Zeldin's BBC RADIO FOUR series.

From the Publisher: THEODORE ZELDIN CHANGES THE WAY WE COMMUNICATE
"Theodore Zeldin is a glimmer of light in a dark, dark world" wrote Virginia Blackburn in The Express. Zeldin believes that we must create a new means of communication through real conversation. This book suggests that we look at how we communicate in all areas of our life in order to really talk to each other. He is a "passionate seeker of truth" and "a polymath without arrogance" (Gillian Glover, The Scotsman) and Conversation is "a brilliant treatise on why and how we talk to each other" (Caroline Gascoigne, The Times). Zeldin has led conversation groups to put across his ideas. Read this book if you want to think about how you speak.

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Costa Coffee, Cults in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (7/31/2014 UTC) at Costa Coffee, Cults in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

I’m releasing this within the next 10 days in Costa Coffee Shop, Cults, Aberdeen. Hidden ‘the wrong’ book pile I mislaid it for so long I thought I had already released it but bundled making a note of that. Instead I am thrilled to be able to knowledgeably note a release of this for the Polish speaking public in Aberdeen.
---------------------

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME! I hope you will enjoy this book and make a little journal entry! You can leave notes anonymously. When you are done with it, perhaps you will send it on its way. Check out BookCrossing - it's a fun community of readers! HAPPY READING

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, ABERDEEN has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (fourth Monday of the month) at Belmont Cinema Cafe/bar, in central Aberdeen. Come join us! For more information, see our Meet-Up Group;

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 29, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (12/29/2014 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Decided to move this and offer a different set of readers the opportunity of picking it up...so it's now on the Official BookCrossing BookShelf in the Belmont Cafe. My introductory burble to BookCrossing is above have fun on the website - love books love BookCrossing...

Journal Entry 4 by rainbow3 at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 29, 2014

Oops, finger-slip double entry!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbelmontcafewing at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 24, 2015
On shelf March 2015

Journal Entry 6 by wingbelmontcafewing at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/5/2016 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Picked up

Journal Entry 7 by wingbelmontcafewing at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, August 06, 2016
Back on the shelf.... August '16

Journal Entry 8 by wingbelmontcafewing at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (1/26/2017 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Picked up..... Jan 2017

Journal Entry 9 by wingbelmontcafewing at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Back on the shelf.....Sept 2017